Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS587009
This is a six (6) month fixed term, part-time (0.6FTE) position commencing Term 3, 2019 with possible extension and/or permanency
Are you interested in contributing to the education of secondary students with high support needs?
Belridge Secondary Education Support Centre (SESC) is seeking an enthusiastic, empathetic and dedicated Vocational Education and Training (VET) Support Officer to provide support across various areas of the school. The successful applicant will have a knowledge and understanding of VET, ASDAN and Workplace learning requirements in a special education environment. They will be responsible for completing administrative duties in relation to these programs that require skills using word processing and relevant data software packages.
Belridge SESC is a Secondary Education Support Centre that focuses on achieving the best outcome for each individual student with Individual Education Planning linked to the Australian Curriculum, ASDAN and Accredited Senior School courses and programs. The ultimate goal for all students is successful independent living and transition from school to work or alternative pathways beyond school.
Students are provided with programs in an educationally enhancing environment. Middle school students (Years 7-9) participate in a range of educational programs to enhance their social, emotional and academic growth. In our senior school cohort (Years 10-12) a significant proportion of learning takes place in the local and wider community. Upper school students participate in community access and work experience programs with enterprise and vocational education being the lynchpin that drives our curriculum to best prepare our students for life beyond school.
As a school we value staff who are committed to making a difference. Our school caters for students with a diverse range of disabilities and support needs. Suitable applicants must be committed to enhancing learning opportunities for all students and will be able to work in a team environment, maintain confidentiality at all times and treat staff and students alike with respect. Staff are encouraged to attend relevant, ongoing professional development sessions and training and to take the initiative in seeking out further knowledge and skills to enhance their contribution to the work of the Centre.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Good verbal and written communication skills, including application of customer service principles and practices.
- Interpersonal skills and the ability to work unsupervised and in a team environment.
- Ability in using computers and a range of application software packages, particularly databases, spreadsheets and word processing.
- Effective planning and organisational skills and experience in providing administrative support.
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Belridge SESC can be found by visiting www.belridgesesc.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information:
Please contact Stephanie Camkin Manager Corporate Services, by telephoning 0409 379 922 or emailing Stephanie.Camkin@education.wa.edu.au.
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A maximum of four (4) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements, in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to two (2) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
ELIGIBILITY AND TRAINING
Employees will be required to:
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment • obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Tuesday, 23 July 2019
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.