Advertised Vacancy Number IPS/SS586694
Beaconsfield Primary School (PS) is seeking to establish a pool of Education Assistants – Special Needs for appointments to permanent and fixed term, full-time and part-time vacancies which may arise during the 2019 school year and up to the end of Term 3, 2020. Appointments can be made from the pool at any time for commencements within the 2019 school year, up to the end of Term 3, 2020.
Education Assistant – Special Needs will, under direction, assist in the implementation of specialised educations programs. Suitable applicants will assist the teacher in the delivery of planned education programs, including the operation of computers and digital technologies, and implement individual student or small group programs or demonstrations.
Education Assistants – Special Needs will also provide effective feedback when required on education and therapy programs and participate in the evaluation process relating to the achievement of student’s individual goals in special education. Suitable applicants are required to have the professionalism, training and ability to perform the role of Education Assistant – Special Needs.
Beaconsfield PS is a place of learning and social growth, developing future citizens who embrace the vitality of Fremantle, WA, Australia and the world. Beaconsfield PS has proudly served the community of Beaconsfield for one hundred and twenty-four years. The school includes Rottnest Island Campus and an Intensive English Centre that complements the culturally diverse community of Beaconsfield. The school embraces a cosmopolitan and diverse community of students and families characterised by a variety of cultural and linguistic backgrounds. We actively embrace our core values of Respect, Valuing Others, Doing Your Best and Honesty. Every student in our school is vitally important.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Good written and oral communication skills, including the ability to interact with students with special needs, parents and teaching professionals on the provision of educational programs, and to assist teachers in understanding students where necessary.
- Good interpersonal skills, including the ability to work as part of a team in the evaluation of educational programs, including special education and therapy programs where these have been implemented.
- Good organisational skills that will assist in the delivery and development of effective education programs to students and subsequent feedback to teaching professionals or psychologists.
- Ability to assist teachers or therapists in implementing educational programs, including special education and, should this be a requirement of the position, occupational and/or physiotherapy programs.
- Knowledge of health and physical disabilities in students and adolescents.
- Ability to assist with general health and well-being of students
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Beaconsfield Primary School can be found by visiting www.beaconsfieldps.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information
Please contact Andrina Hill, Deputy Principal, by telephoning (08) 9432 1000 or emailing Andrina.Hill@education.wa.edu.au
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A three (3) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements, in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to two (2) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
Education Assistants working with Kindergarten Students are required to have, or be actively working towards, a Certificate lll in Education Support (or equivalent), consistent with the National Quality Standard for Early Childhood Education and Care, as determined by the Principal.
Approved equivalent qualifications are published by the Australian Children’s Education and Care Quality Authority.
Employees will be required to:
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountability and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 2 August 2019
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.