Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS585030
This is a twelve (12) month fixed term, part-time (0.5FTE) position commencing Term 3, 2019 with possible extension and/or permanency
Paraburdoo Primary School is seeking a dynamic Education Assistant – Mainstream to join their friendly team.
As an Education Assistant – Mainstream you will be responsible for assisting in the delivery of planned education programs under the direction of teachers and administration staff. Programs may include those that are current educational priorities in the school, as well as those that help in the development of young minds and support the general health and wellbeing of students. The successful applicant will be expected to work with individuals as well as manage small groups of students.
The successful applicant will also assist with the preparation and maintenance of the learning environment by maintaining equipment, materials and resources for use in classes, displays and demonstrations and will assist the teacher with the clean and safe storage of items after classes and activities. The successful applicant will ideally have the ability to work collaboratively in a team environment, as well as possess good written and oral communication skills to enable the effective implementation of class programs. Knowledge of Students at Educational Risk and any current Department of Education (DOE) and Paraburdoo PS priority programs would be beneficial.
Paraburdoo Primary School provides:
- opportunities for every student to experience success within a fair, nurturing and caring environment enabling them to develop a pathway that is productive and ultimately leads to a satisfying future
- a range of pathways and learning experiences for students is provided to enable innovation, creativity and curiosity. This caters for individual needs and interests in many areas including Performing and Creative Arts, Science, Technology and Mathematics, Language and student leadership
- excellent learning spaces both indoor and outdoor, with a focus on cultural responsiveness to the Indigenous Community and Migrant Community within the Rio Tinto Mining Pilbara town.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Sound oral and written communication skills, including the ability to interact with students, parents and teaching professionals.
- Sound interpersonal skills including the ability to work as part of a team.
- Sound organisational skills that will assist in the delivery of effective educational programs to students.
- Ability to assist with the general health and well-being of students.
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Paraburdoo Primary School can be found by visiting http://www.paraburdooprimaryschool.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information
You are encouraged to contact Mrs Justine Walker, Manager Corporate Services for further information about this employment opportunity, including information about living and working in Paraburdoo by telephoning 0477 732 3554 or emailing email@example.com
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A five (5) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements, in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to five (5) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
Education Assistants working with Kindergarten students may be required to have, or be actively working towards, a Certificate lll in Education Support (or approved equivalent) in order to meet the educator-to-student ratio outlined in the National Quality Standard for Early Childhood Education and Care.
Approved equivalent qualifications are published by the Australian Children’s Education and Care Quality Authority
Employees will be required to:
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Wednesday, 24 July 2019
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.