The Department of Communities brings together the services and functions of disability services, child protection and family support, housing, community initiatives and regional services reform.
The Department of Communities will relocate its head office to the new purpose-built Kings Square, Fremantle, that is set to accommodate 1500 State Government employees. This move is currently scheduled for April 2020.
The Royal Commission team within the Department of Communities is responsible for the implementation of a range of recommendations made by the Royal Commission into Institutional Responses to Child Sexual Abuse.
As a Legal Officer within the Royal Commission team, you will contribute to the work of the team by:
- providing legal advice on moderately complex and sensitive matters while exercising professional judgement on behalf of the WA Government;
- undertaking legal research, assisting in the preparation of documents and carrying out other tasks in connection with the development of legislation.
The attached Job Description Form (JDF) provides more information about the position. For further information we encourage you to contact Bronwyn Peters, A/Senior Legal Officer, on 6381 2340.
There is currently one (1) fixed term position available for filling ASAP until 30 June 2021 with possible extension.
You cannot be considered for this position unless you have a completed university degree in:
- A degree in law and admitted to practice in the Supreme Court of Western Australia or Legal Practitioner from outside the State whose qualifications for admission in Western Australia have been approved by the Legal Practice Board of Western Australia.
All overseas qualifications must be assessed for Australian equivalency. Each qualification must be assessed individually, and the assessment must confirm the equivalent Australian qualification level (i.e. equivalent to a Bachelors or Masters degree). This assessment can be conducted by Overseas Qualification Unit, AEI-NOOSR or AASW, and the outcome evidence provided at the time of applying.
Join the Department of Communities
Apply online by clicking the ‘Apply for Job’ button (above and below) and provide the following documents in Word or PDF format only:
- A current resume/CV.
- A three (3) page written application addressing all the essential selection criteria as stated on the JDF.
- A copy of your degree certificate and academic transcript (plus unit descriptors and/or overseas qualification assessment if applicable).
- An application form (for hard copy applications only).
For technical difficulties while applying online or general recruitment enquiries please contact Gwenda Barnett, A/HR Consultant, on (08) 6552 9070.
Equity and Diversity
The Department of Communities embraces diversity and firmly believes that the best services come from a workplace, where varied viewpoints are welcomed and encouraged every day. We are committed to creating an equitable and diverse workforce, where we encourage applications from people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people from culturally diverse backgrounds women and youth.
Lodgement is system generated, any submissions on or after 4:00pm will not be accepted.
LATE OR EMAIL APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
- Application Form
- Information for Applicants
You can view and print these PDF attachments by downloading Adobe Reader.