Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS587624
This is a permanent full-time position commencing Term 3, 2019
Do you possess excellent communication and computer skills and are ready to take on new challenges? We need you as part of our team!
Dongara District High School (DHS) is a proud independent public school seeking to appoint a highly motivated School Officer to join their effective team.
The school officer provides information and collects documentation for new enrolments, enters student enrolment data and maintains student attendance records; staff and relief staff records and generates reports from the school databases.
To be successful in this role the applicant should possess experience in RM Billing, HRMIS, accounts payable, receipting and reconciliations, as well as Lesson Attendance, VET, Reporting to Parents and SCSA .
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Experience in providing effective administrative support with the ability to organise and prioritise tasks effectively.
- Experience in financial processes and procedures, including the handling of debtors, creditors, reconciliations, and /or preparing financial returns.
- Ability in using computers and a range of application software packages, particularly databases, spreadsheets and word processing.
- Good verbal and written communication skills and experience in the application of customer service principles and practices.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work unsupervised and in a team environment.
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Dongara District High School can be found by visiting www.dongaradhs.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information
You are encouraged to contact Robyn Patten, Manager Corporate Services for further information about this employment opportunity, including information about living and working in Dongara, by telephoning (08) 99270100, or mobile 0408271121 or emailing email@example.com
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A two to four (2-4) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements, in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to four (4) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Monday, 22 July 2019.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.