Advertised Vacancy Number: DOE588969
This position is available on a five (5) year fixed term, full time basis, commencing ASAP
Make a difference to WA students and lead a high performing team that contributes positively to their success.
We are seeking an exceptional and committed leader to fill the position of Deputy Director General, Schools.
This position forms a critical part of our Department’s senior leadership team. We are a large public school system and our aim is to ensure that every one of our 812 schools is a good school and every principal is a high performing school leader. We are committed to ensuring every one of our 25,000 teachers is effective and all of our 310,000 students are successful.
Modelling exemplary educational leadership, values and behaviours, you will focus on excellence in teaching practice and learning outcomes. You will build a high performance and high care environment with a commitment to delivering education priorities and initiatives.
The Deputy Director General, Schools leads a large group of committed professionals who oversee the delivery of teaching and learning in public schools. To be successful you will need to be an accomplished educational leader with considerable experience in a large and complex educational organisation. You will work closely with the Director General and your executive colleagues, and will need to demonstrate you are a strategic leader with the ability to build relationships, work collaboratively and provide sound strategic advice.
More details on the role and the Selection Criteria can be found in the attached Job Description Form.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Shapes and manages strategy
- Achieves results
- Builds productive relationships
- Exemplifies personal integrity and self-awareness
- Communicates and influences effectively
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements. The business needs of the Department and Division may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
For further job related information:
Please contact Lisa Rodgers, Director General by telephoning (08) 9264 5050 or emailing email@example.com
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A no more than three (3) page statement describing your skills and experience, relating to Work Related Requirements 1, 2 and 3. Responses should be in the context of the role and business needs as they are described above. Please note that for applicants who are deemed suitable, all Work Related Requirements listed in the JDF will be assessed at some stage during the selection process.
- A comprehensive CV outlining your experience and capabilities relevant to the role; and
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to your suitability for this role.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our branch for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy; and
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance before commencing employment
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement
- complete any training specific to this role required by Department policy
- complete the Department’s training in Accountability and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 2 August 2019
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED