Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS589018
Esperance Primary School (PS) is seeking to establish a pool of dedicated Cleaners for appointments to permanent and fixed term, full-time and part-time vacancies which may arise during the 2019 school year and up to the end of Term 3, 2020. Appointments can be made from the pool at any time for commencements within the 2019 school year, up to the end of Term 3, 2020.
Suitable applicants will carry out internal cleaning duties, including the maintenance of carpets and hard floor surfaces, toilet cleaning, furniture and fittings, window cleaning, dusting and rubbish removal. They will perform external cleaning duties, including the cleaning of verandahs and covered areas, rubbish removal, cleaning of drinking troughs, window cleaning and the removal of cobwebs. They will complete vacation cleaning duties, including the stripping and sealing of vinyl floors, window cleaning, shampooing of carpets, pressure cleaning of verandahs and undercover areas, maintenance of gymnasium floors, and other such duties as required by the Cleaner-In-Charge.
Esperance PS is a distinctive school located 740km south-east of Perth on the picturesque south east coast of WA. Although Esperance Primary School commenced in 1894, a full replacement of the school buildings and grounds began in 2011. Students and staff commenced learning and teaching in the contemporary buildings mid-2013, with all other facilities and grounds completed in 2014.
Our school strives to meet the needs and interests of all students and reflect the values and aspirations of our school community. As an Independent Public School, we have been empowered to make decisions best suited to the needs and interests of our students and local community. Our school supports each student to take responsibility for their learning, aim for their personal best and achieve their full potential.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
For further information about Esperance Primary School please visit www.esperanceps.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here
For further job related information
You are encouraged to contact Sharyn Dunn, Manager Corporate Services for further information about this employment opportunity, including information about living and working in Esperance, by telephoning (08) 9076 3600 or 0400 202 577 or emailing Sharyn.Dunn@education.wa.edu.au
Our aim is to make it easy for you to apply!
Simply select from one of the following options:
- Click on the “Apply for Job” button located at either the top or bottom of this screen. You will be asked to complete a series of questions which will become your online application. It is recommended you allow enough time to complete this process. Further instructions are available on the attached ‘How to Apply’ document.
- Download the application form below and return it completed to the school office (school office will be closed until Monday 22 July) or by emailing it to Sharyn.Dunn@education.wa.edu.au
Applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
If you are having trouble submitting your online application, please contact the Recruitment System Support team on (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
Employees will be required to:
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a ten (10) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 3.30pm (WST) on Tuesday, 23 July 2019.
PROFORMA AND LATE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED