Advertised Vacancy Number: DOE590685
Are you a positive and talented teacher who strives to enhance student educational outcomes?
Are you a passionate educator looking for a rewarding and challenging change?
Statewide Services is seeking to establish a pool of enthusiastic and dedicated qualified teachers to be part of an exciting new placement team for appointments to fixed term, full-time and part-time vacancies which may arise during the remainder of the 2019 school year and until the end of Term 2, 2020. Appointments can be made from the pool at any time for commencements within the 2019 school year and up to the end of Term 2, 2020.
Being a new initiative, the teaching positions will provide the unique opportunity to collaborate and be involved in establishing and developing the support program. Successful applicants will work as part of a team across all Public School Education Regions.
The Alternative Learning Placement Team is responsible for:
- identification and liaison with services/pathways available in regions for students excluded or at risk of being excluded;
- brokerage of suitable alternative educational options;
- the transition process of students into new environments; and
- development and implementation of risk management plans and strategies.
We currently have two (2) fixed term positions available with possible extension up to Term 2 2020.
Successful applicants will have demonstrated skill and experience in building capacity of school based teams for high quality student engagement and support current professional learning or the capacity to undertake professional learning in areas such as, working within an ecological framework for planning and intervention, functional behaviour analysis, restorative practices and trauma-informed practice. A Program Coordinator will oversee the placement team in collaboration with the Principal Advisor.
The Statewide Services Division is responsible for the central portfolios that deliver support services to students and schools across the State to improve educational outcomes for all students. This includes ensuring there is state-wide integration of support to schools and students, providing policy advice, allocating resources, and monitoring programs and services to ensure high standards.
Successful applicant will also need to be prepared to travel when required.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur for up to 12 months following the initial appointments. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate your competency against the following domains (that govern the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers):
- Professional knowledge;
- Professional practice; and
- Professional engagement.
Applications will be assessed against these domains. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
Applicants currently completing the Department of Education Leap program (formerly known as the Switch program) can apply for vacancies using their current or Leap qualification – even if they have not completed the program at the time of applying. Applicants may be appointed to a vacancy based on the qualification being completed via the Leap program.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Appointed applicants may be eligible for recognition of prior service.
For further job related information:
Please contact Rick Firns, Principal Advisor by telephoning (08) 9402 6359 or emailing Rick.Firns@education.wa.edu.au.
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A four (4) page statement addressing the domains that govern the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers, in context of the role and business needs of the school.
- A CV of up to three (3) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position.
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager).
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
For assistance writing your application click here.
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
- be eligible for, or registered with the Teacher Registration Board (TRB). Information regarding eligibility may be obtained by contacting TRB on (08) 9230 0600 or for Country callers 1300 652 911 or trb.wa.gov.au
Employees will be required to:
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement; and
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Thursday, 25 July 2019
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.