Advertised Vacancy Number: DOE586933
This is a twelve (12) month fixed term, full-time position commencing ASAP with possible extension
The Infrastructure Division is seeking to recruit a highly motivated and committed Senior Project Support Officer in the Asset Planning and Services branch.
The Senior Project Support Officer will assist with the planning, implementation and evaluation of Ikon Transformation Project (ITP) implementation activities, including mapping business processes whilst providing specialist advice and support to staff on ITP implementation and business process management systems. The successful applicant will assist in developing guidelines and procedures relating to asset planning and services in the context of school operations whist undertaking special projects and evaluations.
The successful applicant will assist in supporting Directorate staff with ITP technical implementation issues whilst contributing to a work environment that is safe, fosters equity and diversity, enables achievement of personal and EBS goals and facilitates accomplishment of designated roles and deliverables. You will contribute to service improvement projects relevant to the Directorate, represent the Directorate on committees and working groups as required.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our branch for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Considerable experience and knowledge of business process analysis, research and the application of process improvement principles within an information systems context.
- Skills and experience in providing application system support at an operational level.
- Well developed written, oral and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to consult, negotiate and maintain collaborative partnerships with a wide range of stakeholders.
- Skills and experience in providing a high-level customer-focused service.
- Well developed project planning and management skills, including proven ability to use initiative, prioritise work, meet agreed targets and deliver agreed results in a timely and efficient manner.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the branch may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
For further job related information:
Please contact Warren Carey, Manager Infrastructure, by telephoning (08) 9264 4849 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A three (3) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements in context of the role and business needs of the branch
- A CV of up to three (3) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance before commencing employment
Employees will be required to:
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Department policy; and
- complete the Department’s training in Accountability and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Monday, 15 July 2019
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED