Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS586040
This is a permanent part-time (0.4FTE) position commencing Term 3, 2019
Harvey Senior High School (SHS) is seeking a dedicated and organised School Officer to join their team.
The successful applicant will undertake reception duties, including greeting visitors, answering the telephone and responding to routine enquiries and requests for information. They will also work with the Principal and Manager Corporate Services (MCS) in promoting the School through the School’s social media page and website. The successful candidate will possess a high level of organisational skills in delivering and prioritising tasks when under pressure and also demonstrate highly effective verbal and written communication skills when liaising with staff, students, parents and community members.
Harvey SHS truly embraces the student centred schooling approach and anticipates that you will join us in continuing this practice. Continuous improvement and a commitment to building a positive, engaging and inclusive culture are hallmarks of our great school. We are a small and personal senior high school in the idyllic yet bustling country setting of Harvey – less than 90 minutes from Perth and at the gateway to the stunning southwest.
As an Independent Public School, we are on a mission to become the clear school of choice for our large intake area where we have inspirational staff, respectful students and a safe learning environment. The surest way for us to accelerate that journey is to ensure that only the very best, most positively and actively involved staff join our existing team
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Experience in providing effective administrative support with the ability to organise and prioritise tasks effectively.
- Experience in financial processes and procedures, including the handling of debtors, creditors, reconciliations, and /or preparing financial returns.
- Ability in using computers and a range of application software packages, particularly databases, spreadsheets and word processing.
- Good verbal and written communication skills and experience in the application of customer service principles and practices.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work unsupervised and in a team environment.
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Harvey SHS can be found by visiting www.HarveySHS.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information:
You are encouraged to contact Sue Boyle, Manager Corporate Services, for further information about this employment opportunity, including information about living and working in Harvey, by telephoning (08) 9782 3800 or during the school holidays on 0439 923 478 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
- Your application should include: A statement addressing the Work Related Requirements, in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy;
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment;
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Monday, 22 July 2019
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.