Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/DP589225
This is a six (6) month fixed term, full-time position commencing Term 3, 2019 with possible extension (12 months) and/or permanency.
Are you an effective leader who is committed to improving standards?
Dowerin District High School (DHS) is seeking a passionate, committed and dynamic Deputy Principal with effective leadership skills to join our school leadership team.
The Deputy Principal needs to be a highly motivated, innovative and an enthusiastic educator who is able to effectively engage with the School Business Plan 2019-2021. The successful applicant will have excellent curriculum knowledge (particularly across the primary school), the ability to establish effective working relationships with all school stakeholders and be highly organised. They will need to manage a complex workload that includes a teaching role, timetabling, coordinating Reporting to Parents, overseeing behaviour expectations across the school and leading several student-based events over Semester 2. It would be an advantage to have experience with the delivery and leadership of Digital Technologies and STEM based practices.
Dowerin DHS is an Independent Public School and Regional Teacher Development School which offers students a high quality and differentiated learning programme with a range of specialist teachers to support learning. We are a vibrant, professional school with a high level of teacher collaboration, great resources, outstanding student behaviour and a supportive and interested community.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Capacity to provide effective leadership in a diverse range of educational settings;
- High level of interpersonal and public relations skills that demonstrate the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships to achieve planned outcomes;
- Professional knowledge and the ability to apply this knowledge to ensure a high level of educational outcomes for all students (e.g. Aboriginal students, students from diverse ethnic backgrounds and students with special needs).
- Capacity to manage staff, physical and financial resources.
Applications will be assessed against the work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Dowerin District High School can be found by visiting Schools Online or the school website www.dowerindhs.wa.edu.au.
For further job related information:
Please contact Barbara Garner, Principal by telephoning 0429 825 061 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
You are required to attach a personal resume and covering letter outlining your skills and experiences in relation to the position. It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy;
- hold a recognised qualification in teaching and be currently registered or eligible for registration to teach in Western Australia;
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
Employees will be required to:
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- complete the Department’s training in Accountability and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Monday, 15 July 2019.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.