Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/TCH587997
Are you passionate about quality teaching and ready to take on new challenges?
Broome North Primary School (PS) is seeking to establish a pool of Primary – Teachers for appointments to permanent and fixed term, full-time and part-time vacancies which may arise during the 2020 school year and up to the end of Term 3, 2020. Appointments can be made from the pool at any time for commencements within the 2020 school year, up to the end of Term 3 2020.
Broome North PS is an Independent Public School that caters for children from Kindergarten to Year 6. The school, opened in 2015, is a modern facility located on Yawuru land in the coastal town of Broome, part of Western Australia's stunning Kimberley region.
The school is committed to attracting, recruiting, and coaching teachers to master the explicit teaching pedagogy that produces high achieving students from Kindergarten to Year 6. Applicants are encouraged to read the information in the advertisement thoroughly as well as the school’s business plan prior to starting their application.
The suitable applicants will have the following abilities:
- An interpersonal skill-set that enables you to build strong and valuable relationships with students, staff and parents
- Effective explicit instruction skills in teaching literacy and numeracy content and shifting it from short to long term memory using such strategies as the “Warm-up” or the “Daily Review”
- The ability to scaffold lessons to provide differentiated teaching to cater for a class with mixed-ability students
- Proactive behaviour-shaping strategies that support student engagement to enable positive student outcomes in and out of the classroom
- Experience in at least one of the whole-school approaches of Spelling Mastery or Let’s Decode
- A commitment to ongoing professional growth by embracing new, evidence-informed teaching and learning practices that lead to teacher improvement and superior student outcomes
- An interest or experience in working with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students (Broome North PS has an ATSI student population of 30%)
Our school staff are committed to building positive relationships, with the motivation to pursue excellence. Our dedicated and professional teachers maintain an environment which supports each child every day to achieve their personal best. Staff employ evidence-based strategies within a defined whole-school approach to maximise the effect they have on student learning. In addition, we constantly aim to deliver the highest standards of pastoral care and support services in order to enable our students to thrive.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate your competency against the following domains (that govern the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers):
- Professional knowledge;
- Professional practice; and
- Professional engagement.
Applications will be assessed against these domains. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
Applicants currently completing the Department of Education Leap program (formerly known as the Switch program) can apply for vacancies using their current or Leap qualification – even if they have not completed the program at the time of applying. Applicants may be appointed to a vacancy based on the qualification being completed via the Leap program.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Broome North Primary School can be found by visiting http://www.broomenorthps.wa.edu.au/ or Schools Online
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here
Appointed applicants may be eligible for recognition of prior service.
For further job related information
You are encouraged to contact Anne Harris-Walker, Deputy Principal, for further information about this employment opportunity, including information about living and working in Broome, by telephoning
(08) 9195 3000 or 0429 469 220 during the term break. Alternatively, please email BroomeNorth.PS@education.wa.edu.au
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A three to five (3-5) page statement addressing the domains that govern the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers, in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to four (4) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
For assistance writing your application click here
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
- be eligible for, or registered with the Teacher Registration Board (TRB). Information regarding eligibility may be obtained by contacting TRB on (08) 9230 0600 or for Country callers 1300 652 911 or www.trb.wa.gov.au
Employees will be required to:
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement; and
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Monday, 5 August 2019.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.