PLEASE NOTE: Closing date changed to Tuesday, 23 July 2019
Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS588001
This is a permanent full-time position commencing Term 3, 2019
Applecross Senior High School (SHS) is seeking an enthusiastic and self-motivated School Officer for our front office.
As the first point of contact for the school, you will be expected to provide a welcoming presence to all who visit the school office.
The successful applicant with be well organised, adaptable and achieve set goals in a timely manner. Strong communications skills will assist in providing accurate advice and support to parents, students, staff and visitors.
This role will involve meeting and greeting visitors at reception, answering the telephone, responding to routine enquires and requests for information, accurate word processing and data entry. Experience with Integris software would be advantageous but not essential and prior experience in a school office is not essential.
Applecross SHS is situated approximately 8 kilometres south of the city of Perth, embraces a tradition of excellence and maintains a reputation for high academic, sporting and cultural achievements for secondary students in Years 7 to 12. The school offers programs in Visual Arts (Gifted and Talented) and elite Tennis (Specialist Program) plus Academic Extension programs. The Academic Extension Program provides special classes for students who have been selected on the basis of their performance. Students in the Program are offered a wide range of rich learning experiences and are required to complete more in-depth studies to develop high level skills and competencies to become independent learners.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- experience in providing general office administrative support with ability to organise and prioritise tasks effectively.
- ability to use computers and a range of application software packages, particularly databases, spreadsheets and word processing.
- good verbal and written communication skills, including application of customer service principles and practices.
- good interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team environment.
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
For further information about Applecross SHS please visit www.applecross.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
For further job related information:
Please contact Helen Scott, Manager Corporate Services, by telephoning (08) 9314 9393 or emailing managercorporateservices.Applecross.SHS@education.wa.edu.au
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A four (4) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements, in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to four (4) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
Employees will be required to:
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Tuesday, 23 July 2019
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.