Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS587613
This is a permanent part-time (0.2) position commencing Term 3, 2019
Do you like being part of a team? Like things to be clean and tidy? Then we want you!
Subiaco Primary School (PS) is seeking a highly motivated, proactive Gardener – Handyperson. In this role you will be responsible for maintaining and presenting our school grounds in a clean and tidy condition. This position is for 8 hours per week.
The successful applicant will be able to main garden beds, shrubs, trees and turf areas. To be successful as Gardener-Handyperson you will be confident in performing minor repairs and perform all duties using safe work practices. You will be required to operate and carry out maintenance on school facilities including equipment, tools, machinery and both formal and informal sports to be marked as required. Good interpersonal skills are necessary, along with the ability to receive and carry out instruction as required.
Subiaco PS is a dynamic learning community where members work collaboratively to assist children to realise their potential. Our motto is Our Best and we have over 730 students from a wide range of backgrounds
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
For further information about Subiaco Primary School please visit www.subiacops.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information:
Please contact Di Green, Manager Corporate Services by telephoning (08) 9207 7900 (During school holidays you can contact Di on 0488 920 914) or emailing Diane.Green@education.wa.edu.au.
Our aim is to make it easy for you to apply!
Simply select from one of the following options:
- Click on the “Apply for Job” button located at either the top or bottom of this screen. You will be asked to complete a series of questions which will become your online application. It is recommended you allow enough time to complete this process. Further instructions are available on the attached ‘How to Apply’ document.
- Download the application form below and return it completed to the school reception or by emailing it to firstname.lastname@example.org (The School will be during school holidays from closed Monday, 8 July to Friday, 19 July 2019).
Applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
If you are having trouble submitting your online application, please contact the Recruitment System Support team on (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy.
Employees will be required to:
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a ten (10) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 3.30pm (WST) on Wednesday, 24 July 2019
PROFORMA AND LATE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED