Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS588215
This is a permanent part-time (0.6FTE) position commencing Term 3, 2019.
Can you make our school a clean and safe environment for our students?
Subiaco Primary School (PS) is seeking an experienced, positive and enthusiastic Cleaner In Charge to join their dedicated team.
The successful applicant will maintain high levels of hygiene and contribute to the professional presentation of the school.
The successful applicant will carry out internal cleaning duties, including the maintenance of carpets and hard floor surfaces, toilet cleaning, furniture and fittings, window cleaning, dusting, and rubbish removal. You will perform external cleaning duties, including the cleaning of verandah’s and covered areas, rubbish removal, cleaning of drinking troughs, window cleaning and removal of cobwebs.
The successful applicant will complete vacation cleaning duties, including the stripping and sealing of vinyl floors, window cleaning, shampooing of carpets, pressure cleaning of verandah’s and undercover areas and other such duties as required.
You will have excellent communication and interpersonal skills in order to be an effective team leader. To be successful in this role you will be organised, punctual and possess the ability to work well both individually and as part of a team. Additionally, you will have the ability to effectively manage the administration requirements of this position, as well as demonstrate good work practices and use initiative.
Subiaco PS is a dynamic learning community where members work collaboratively to assist children to realise their potential. We pride ourselves on our uniqueness, with over 730 students from a wide range of backgrounds. We have committed, proactive teachers and dedicated support staff working to help each child be as successful as they can be.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
For further information about Subiaco Primary School please visit www.subiacops.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information:
Please contact Di Green, Manager Corporate Services by telephoning (08) 9207 7900 (During school holidays you can contact Di on 0488 920 914) or emailing Diane.Green@education.wa.edu.au.
Our aim is to make it easy for you to apply!
Simply select from one of the following options:
- Click on the “Apply for Job” button located at either the top or bottom of this screen. You will be asked to complete a series of questions which will become your online application. It is recommended you allow enough time to complete this process. Further instructions are available on the attached ‘How to Apply’ document.
- Download the application form below and return it completed to the school reception or by emailing it to email@example.com (The School will be closed during school holidays from Monday, 8 July to Friday, 19 July 2019).
Applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
If you are having trouble submitting your online application, please contact the Recruitment System Support team on (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy.
Employees will be required to:
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a ten (10) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 3.30pm (WST) on Wednesday, 24 July 2019
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE. PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT TO BE ACCEPTED.