Advertised Vacancy Number: DOE582985
This is a permanent full-time position commencing during Term 3, 2019
The Statewide Services Division is seeking to recruit a highly motivated and committed Administrative Assistant in the Alternative Learning Placement Team. This position will provide the unique opportunity to collaborate and be involved in establishing and developing structures and processes to assist in contributing to an effective working environment. The successful applicant is a person who enjoys a challenge and demonstrates high quality initiative.
In the role of Administrative Assistant, you will provide clerical and administrative support to the work unit, including basic research.
The successful applicant will prepare, process and deliver incoming and outgoing correspondence, actions routine matters by drafting responses and preparing basic reports. You will maintain an effective correspondence filing system for corporate information and records relating to projects, initiatives, committees and other activities.
The successful applicant will prepare and distribute meeting agendas and minutes and undertakes follow up actions when required. You will manage incoming telephone calls, visitor enquiries, diary appointments, meetings, emails and other communications along with assisting with travel arrangements, including preparing travel documents, booking flights and accommodation. You will assist with the preparation of the budget, payment of accounts, credit card reconciliation, monitoring expenditure and preparing reports as required.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our branch for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Experience in clerical and general administrative duties.
- Experience in purchasing, processing accounts for payment and monitoring expenditure for a work unit.
- Sound written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to liaise effectively with individuals at all levels.
- Well-developed keyboarding and computer skills including a working knowledge of databases, spreadsheets, word processing and experience using an electronic records management system.
- Sound organisational skills, including the ability to use initiative and work independently or as part of a team.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the branch may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
For further job related information:
Please contact Rick Firns, Principal Advisor by telephoning (08) 9402 6359 or emailing Rick.Firns@education.wa.edu.au.
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A three (3) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements, in context of the role and business needs of the branch
- A CV of up to four (4) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy; and
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance before commencing employment
Employees will be required to:
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Department policy; and
- complete the Department’s training in Accountability and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Thursday, 18 July 2019.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED