Advertised Vacancy Number: SS/SA583543
This is a six (6) month fixed term, full-time position commencing Term 3, 2019 with possible extension and/or permanency
The School of Special Education Needs: Disability (SSEND) is seeking an inspirational and motivated Program Coordinator – Autism to join their Specialist Learning Program (SLP) for Students with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) and Early Intensive Intervention Program (EIIP) projects implementation team. This project will see 8 primary and 8 secondary system endorsed specialist program for students with ASD located in public schools by 2020 and support the five EIIP programs in operation.
As the Program Coordinator you will provide leadership and operational support in establishing and planning for the future specialised learning programs for students with ASD. You will develop, implement, monitor and review plans and policies associated with the specialist programs for students with autism and provide high level advice and support to Departmental staff. As part of this role you will also liaise with principals, internal and external stakeholders regarding the transition of students from the Autism Programs.
The new SLP will be located in mainstream primary and secondary schools to cater for the specific needs of students from Kindergarten to Year 12 with ASD. The programs are for students at significant risk of disengagement, underachievement and/or who exhibit challenging behaviours. The programs will target age-appropriate academic engagement and achievement. Students will typically spend some of their time in ‘homeroom’ classrooms undertaking the specialised learning programs and some of their time in mainstream classrooms where they will also receive additional support.
SSEND operates within a federation of four schools including the School of Special Educational Needs: Medical and Mental Health, the School of Special Educational Needs: Sensory and the School of Special Educational Needs: Behaviour & Engagement to coordinate support for schools where possible and to share resources and expertise.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be appointed to other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Experience, knowledge and skills in effectively applying Applied Behavioural Analysis principles in the development, implementation and evaluation of individualised educational programs;
- Professional knowledge, and the ability to apply this knowledge, to ensure a high level of educational outcomes for students;
- Highly developed leadership skills, including the ability to coordinate and deliver effective outcomes;
- High-level communication, (oral and written) and interpersonal skills together with the ability to work collaboratively and effectively with people at all levels;
- High-level conceptual and analytical skills, together with the proven ability to provide innovative solutions to complex problems and issues.
Applications will be assessed against the work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about School Of Special Education Needs: Disability can be found by visiting Schools Online.
For further job related information:
Please contact Catherine Kapiteyn, Principal, by telephoning (08) 9402 6185 or emailing Catherine.Kapiteyn@education.wa.edu.au.
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A four (4) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements, in context of the role and business needs of the branch.
- A CV of up to four (4) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position.
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager).
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- Hold a recognised qualification in teaching and be currently registered or eligible for registration to teach in Western Australia;
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
Employees will be required to:
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountability and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 19 July 2019.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED