Advertised Vacancy Number: DOE586654
This is a permanent full-time position commencing ASAP
The Infrastructure Division is seeking to recruit a highly motivated and committed Contract Manager - WA Schools Public Private Partnership in the Capital Works and Maintenance branch.
The Contract Manager – WA Schools Public Private Partnership will lead a team to manage infrastructure services and facilities contracts and agreements, including management of the operations phase of the WA Schools Public Private Partnership Project. The successful applicant will facilitate, and manage complex and/or high-risk facility services and facilities management, including procurement planning, contract formation, contract documentation and evaluation in consultation and collaboration with Department stakeholders.
The successful applicant will establish third-party use of school premises guidelines and supporting documents and provide advice to schools on the guidelines in respect of the Public Private Partnership. You will develop, manage and review processes and guidelines that support the management and administration of the Public Private Partnership contract whilst undertaking quality assessment of contract documents and submissions and complete quality assurance of contract and procurement approval procedures and processes in relation to the WA Schools Public Private Partnership.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our branch for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Extensive understanding of and experience in facilities management and delivery through contracts.
- Highly developed written communication skills with experience in preparing complex contracts, briefing notes and reports.
- High-level oral and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to negotiate and consult effectively at senior levels in the private and public sectors.
- High-level conceptual and analytical skills, with the ability to provide innovative solutions to complex problems and issues.
- Skills in providing leadership and working collaboratively to manage a range of complex projects.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the branch may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
For further job related information:
Please contact Steven Parry, Director, by telephoning (08) 9264 5396 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A two (2) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements in context of the role and business needs of the branch
- A CV of up to five (5) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements:
Employees will be required to:
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Monday, 15 July 2019
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED