Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS585269
This is a permanent full-time position commencing Term 3, 2019.
Aveley Secondary College (SC) is seeking an enthusiastic and dedicated Manager Corporate Services to join their school.
We are seeking to appoint a dedicated, organised and highly motivated Manager Corporate Services to establish themselves as part of the school’s collaborative leadership team. Demonstrated experience of the strategic maintenance of a large and complex school site is desirable, including large scale facility and project management. The successful applicant should possess a broad knowledge of relevant legislation, reporting and governance requirements relating to the role, and demonstrate their capacity to effectively lead a large team of school support staff. High level public relations skills and the ability to develop marketing strategies that will positively promote the school and our vision to the broader community will be highly regarded. The Manager Corporate Services will have the capacity to support the full implementation of our Business Plan and our strategic direction.
The proven ability to lead and manage staff and coordinate corporate services of the college, support school operations and provide high level HR and Financial advisory to executive will be highly regarded. Project management and high level negotiation skills are also required to successfully undertake this role. The College is a Public Private Partnership school. Liaising with our project partners is a key part of the role.
The College’s Stage One opened in 2018 and continues to take a cohort each year. Stage Two of the College build will commence in 2020. The College includes a dedicated Education Support Hub for students with high needs. Our vision is to be a school of choice, committed to educational excellence in a caring community that inspires a passion for learning where every child matters and achieves success each day.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Highly developed skills and experience in managing corporate services functions in a large and complex organisation.
- Substantial knowledge and experience in financial management and budget preparation and an understanding of the financial regulatory framework, including the Financial Management Act, reporting and governance requirements of government organisations and other relevant legislation.
- Highly developed human resource management skills, including the ability to develop and apply human resource management practices and systems in leading and managing staff.
- Substantial experience in the development, implementation, management and monitoring of strategic business, marketing and operational plans.
- Highly developed written, verbal and interpersonal skills, including the ability to consult, collaborate and negotiate effectively with a wide range of individuals at all levels.
- Research, conceptual and risk management skills, including the ability to provide innovative solutions to strategic and complex problems and issues.
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Aveley Secondary College can be found by visiting Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information:
Please contact Stephen Pestana, Principal by telephoning (08) 6296 1000 or 0407 474 388 or emailing Stephen.firstname.lastname@example.org
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A six (6) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements, in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to three (3) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for three (3) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
Employees will be required to:
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Wednesday, 24 July 2019
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.