Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS588096
This is a permanent full-time position commencing Term 3, 2019
Do you want to make a positive difference in your local community?
Mount Lawley Senior High School (SHS) is seeking to appoint a Human Resources Officer to join their team.
As the Human Resource Officer you would provide advice and support in the coordination of human resources activities and operations. This will include managing job vacancies: coordinating leave and relief management; coordinating the human resources management information system (HRMIS); assisting in the implementation of staff induction; probation and performance management, and provide human resources advice and information to staff.
To be suitable for the role the successful applicant will have sound written, oral and interpersonal communication skills, the ability to solve problems, implement strategy and manage Human Resource systems and processes.
Founded in 1955 and recently rebuilt, Mount Lawley SHS is located within a residential suburb 5 kilometres north of the Perth CBD. It comprises an award winning Middle School and Senior School. It hosts one of two Gifted and Talented Languages programs in the state and has a Specialist Arts and Jazz Music program.
A premier school in Western Australia, it offers one of the largest ranges of subjects and Certificates in the senior years in the state. The school has a rich history of student success and achievement and this tradition continues today with a commitment to the attainment of personal best and excellence in all aspects of school life.
With the school vision of "Inspire to Aspire" and a motto of "Truth and Courtesy" there is an expectation that staff will have high expectations for student success, a passion for education and learning and a genuine commitment to the needs of students. Staff are expected to have sound professional knowledge and a strong commitment to excellence. There is also an expectation that all staff will have a focus on pastoral care, student wellbeing and a commitment to forming positive working relationships with students. Staff, in their work, will reflect a personal commitment to the Values of the School: Excellence, Respect and Learning.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Ability to provide effective support and input into the development, implementation and monitoring of human resource management systems and processes.
- Sound written, oral and interpersonal communication skills, including the ability to liaise effectively with staff and work within a team environment.
- Sound knowledge and skills in human resource management, including research, planning and recruitment practices.
- Conceptual, analytical and problem solving skills and the ability to implement appropriate strategies.
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
For further information about Mount Lawley Senior High School please visit www.Lawley.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information
Please contact Julie Moxey, Manager Corporate Services, by telephoning (08) 9471 0300, 0412 033 268 (during the vacation period only) or emailing Julie.Moxey@education.wa.edu.au.
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A statement of up to three (3) pages addressing the Work Related Requirements, in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to three (3) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
Employees will be required to:
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Wednesday, 17 July 2019
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.