Advertised Vacancy Number SS/SS588643
Are you an exceptional Education Assistant who enjoys working as part of a collaborative team?
West Leeming Primary School (PS) is seeking to establish a pool of collaborative and dedicated Special Needs Education Assistants for appointments to permanent and fixed term, full-time and part-time vacancies which may arise during the 2019 school year and up to the end of Term 3, 2020. Appointments can be made from the pool at any time for commencements within the 2019 school year, up to the end of Term 3, 2020.
The role of education assistant - Special Needs at West Leeming PS will require successful applicants to be flexible in the components of their role, including working with students in an individual, small group and a mainstream context.
Our school vision empower and embrace a culture of opportunities for success ensures that students remain at the forefront of all decisions. The provision of an engaging, supportive and innovative learning environment is essential to ensure an exceptional educational experience for all students at West Leeming PS.
Successful applicants will be highly motivated and innovative. They will have well developed interpersonal skills and the demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with colleagues, contributing advice and expertise. Suitable applicants will assist teaching staff in the delivery of planned education programs and in promoting a supportive and inclusive learning environment. You will work under general supervision or autonomously collaborating with school staff to support students in reaching their full potential through the development of individual academic, social, emotional and physical skills.
Ideally the successful applicant will be proficient in ICT and digital technologies and have the ability to anticipate and adapt to change, showing initiative, flexibility and creative problem solving skills to produce the best opportunities for our students.
West Leeming PS is proud of its culture of providing a range of opportunities for our students to experience success. The school has highly motivated students, dedicated staff and a supportive school community. At West Leeming PS, we promote an educational environment whereby learning is inclusive and different learning styles are recognised and accommodated . Our clear vision and shared leadership structures engages all stakeholders in the education process.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Good written and oral communication skills, including the ability to interact with students with special needs, parents and teaching professionals on the provision of educational programs, and to assist teachers in understanding students where necessary.
- Good interpersonal skills, including the ability to work as part of a team in the evaluation of educational programs, including special education and therapy programs where these have been implemented.
- Good organisational skills that will assist in the delivery and development of effective education programs to students and subsequent feedback to teaching professionals or psychologists.
- Ability to assist teachers or therapists in implementing educational programs, including special education and, should this be a requirement of the position, occupational and/or physiotherapy programs.
- Knowledge of health and physical disabilities in students and adolescents.
- Ability to assist with general health and well-being of students.
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about West Leeming Primary School can be found by visiting www.westleeming.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
For further job related information:
Please contact Sara Willis, Manager Corporate Services, by telephoning (08) 9266 6000 (during the school holidays you can contact Sara on 0403 779 919) or emailing Sara.Willis@education.wa.edu.au
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A three (3) to six (6) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements, in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to six (6) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) to (3) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
Education Assistants working with Kindergarten students may be required to have, or be actively working towards, a Certificate lll in Education Support (or approved equivalent) in order to meet the educator-to-student ratio outlined in the National Quality Standard for Early Childhood Education and Care.
Approved equivalent qualifications are published by the Australian Children’s Education and Care Quality Authority.
Employees will be required to:
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 26 July 2019
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.