Advertised Vacancy Number: SS/SS582320
This is a permanent full-time position commencing Term 3, 2019
Do you want to become part of a dedicated team and have the opportunity to make a lasting contribution to our school community?
Halls Creek District High School (DHS) is seeking a highly motivated, proactive and customer focused Network Support Officer to join our School.
The role of the Network Support Officer is to maintain the school’s Information Technology network to maximise both educational and administrative outcomes, within the Departmental asset management and security regulatory framework. You will provide advice to administration staff on technical issues associated with the network system and provide technical support and training to all users throughout the school, including desktop and software application and access to systems and resources. The Network Support Officer will also provide input on system enhancements and implement new systems through research and identification of appropriate Information Technology resources. Experience in running a large 1:1 iPad program is highly desirable.
In addition, you will work within the framework and understandings established by the Learning Information and Communication Technologies and ensuring the integrity of educational and administrative data through the implementation and maintenance of data security strategies
Please note that Government Regional Officers Housing (GROH) is not available with this position
Situated in the heart of the Kimberley, Halls Creek DHS is the gateway to a range of world renowned natural attractions, including the World Heritage listed Bungle Bungle ranges of Purnululu National Park, and Wolfe Creek Crater National Park
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Knowledge of network systems and platforms relevant to the operating environment.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills relevant to the operational maintenance of Information Technology networks.
- Organisational skills, including the ability to plan and implement data security procedures.
- Verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills, including the ability to maintain effective working relationships with both internal and external clients.
- Practical experience in developing and implementing user-training procedures.
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
For further information about Halls Creek District High School please visit Schools Online.
For further job related information:
Please contact David Escott, Manager Corporate Services, by telephoning 9171 5555 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A maximum four (4) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements, in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to a maximum of four (4) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for three (3) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- hold or obtain a current Working with Children Check.
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
Employees will be required to:
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Tuesday, 25 June 2019
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED