Advertised Vacancy Number SS/SS585498
Ngaanyatjarra Lands School are seeking to establish a pool for appointments to permanent and fixed term, full-time and part-time vacancies which may arise from Term 3, 2019 up until the end of the 2019 school year. Appointments can be made from the pool at any time for commencements within this period.
Please note, this pool will be used for Level 1 and Level 2 School Officer appointments across all Ngaanyatjarra Lands School campuses. Applicants will be required to indicate in their desired Level/s in their application.
The suitable applicants will be responsible for supporting the Manager Corporate Services in administering the financial, physical and human resources of the school whilst upholding confidentiality and security of sensitive material. You will provide assistance to other members of the school administration team with maintaining school databases, records and management information systems to ensure they are accurate and up-to-date, along with general word processing tasks.
As the School Officer you are the first point of contact, the successful applicant will have a customer focus, excellent interpersonal and organisational skills and be professionally presented. Ideally you will have a high level of Information Computer Technology (ICT) competency and be able to display a commitment to building positive relationships with students, parents, staff and the wider community.
Most of the over 300 students are Aboriginal, living in communities that make up Western Desert cultural bloc, and have Ngaanyatjarra, Pintupi or Pitjantjatjara as their first language. The school includes the following campuses:
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- experience in providing effective administrative support with the ability to organise and prioritise tasks effectively.
- experience in financial processes and procedures, including the handling of debtors, creditors, reconciliations, and /or preparing financial returns.
- ability in using computers and a range of application software packages, particularly databases, spreadsheets and word processing.
- good verbal and written communication skills and experience in the application of customer service principles and practices.
- good interpersonal skills and ability to work unsupervised and in a team environment.
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Ngaanyatjarra Land Schools can be found by visiting www.NgLandSchool.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
For further job related information:
You are encouraged to contact Rebecca Boeg, School Officer, for further information about this employment opportunity, including information about living and working in Ngaanyatjarra Education Area, by telephoning (08) 9091 1882 or emailing email@example.com.
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A statement addressing the Work Related Requirements, in context of the role and business needs of the school
- Applicants applying for Level 1 positions only will be required to address WRR 1, 3, 4 and 5 only.
- A CV outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and Training Requirements
Employees will be required to:
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment;
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check;
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy;
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Monday, 24 June 2019
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.