Advertised Vacancy Number IPS/SS586541
Peel Language Development School (PLDS) is seeking to establish a pool of dedicated and enthusiastic School Officers for appointments to permanent and fixed term, full-time and part-time vacancies which may arise during Term 3, 2019 and up to the end of Term 4, 2020. Appointments can be made from the pool at any time for commencements within Term 3, 2019 school year, up to the end of Term 4, 2020.
Peel Language Development School is an Independent Public School which opened in February 2002. It is the first purpose built facility for early language intervention in Western Australia. The concept of a 'school within a school’ is unique within the educational landscape of Western Australia. Fostering close co-operation and collaboration between the school and its communities provides opportunities for inclusive planning and the delivery of this unique concept. In 2012, Peel Language Development School further enhanced its scope with the incorporation of the Statewide Speech and Language Service.
The service provides support to schools and teachers by strengthening the language expertise available to primary school students. Successful applicants will work collaboratively within this complex structure to assist all services. PLDS caters for a population of over 270 students who have a Specific Language Impairment. This refers to children who have moderate to severe difficulties in learning language. Our educators are committed to providing specialised language and academic intervention on a whole class, individual and small group basis. PLDS accepts students from the Peel Region and share facilities with local primary schools enabling PLDS students to integrate with the host schools.
Suitable applicants from this pool must liaise with staff at all of the campuses located at Mandurah Primary School, Bungaree Primary School, Pinjarra Primary School and Rockingham Lakes Primary School, as well as within a highly collaborative team environment to assist in developing and delivering specialised programs for our students. Applicants will have good knowledge of Records Management systems and procedures. PLDS employs highly motivated and dedicated professionals who are committed the school community and our Business Plan.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- experience in providing general office administrative support with ability to organise and prioritise tasks effectively.
- ability to use computers and a range of application software packages, particularly databases, spreadsheets and word processing.
- good verbal and written communication skills, including application of customer service principles and practices.
- good interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team environment.
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Peel language Development School can be found by visiting www.plds.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information:
Please contact Jenny-Lee Fussell, Manager Corporate Services, by telephoning (08) 9523 7830 or emailing Jenny-Lee.Fussell@education.wa.edu.au or during school holidays please call 0408 408 176
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A two ( 2) to three (3) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements, in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to three (3) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for up to three (3) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
Employees will be required to:
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement; complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 19 July 2019
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.