Advertised Vacancy Number IPS/SS585798
Margaret River Senior High School (SHS) is seeking to establish a pool of dedicated and motivated School Officers for appointments to permanent and fixed term, full-time and part-time vacancies which may arise from Term 3, 2019 through to the end of term 3, 2020. Appointments can be made from the pool at any time for commencements within this period.
School officers are responsible for providing excellent and effective administrative support to the Administration and Student Services team. The successful applicants should have a friendly, positive and caring attitude and excellent communication and interpersonal skills to interact with students, staff, parents and the wider school community. Successful applicants will be well organised and motivated, with the ability to work well independently with limited supervision and ability to undertake a wide range of administrative and customer focused support services within a school context. Proficiency in operating the Student Information System (Integris), Microsoft Office suite and experience in SEQTA is highly desirable.
Margaret River Senior High School is an Independent Public School which is an integral part of the Augusta-Margaret River community. Founded in 1952, the school has a rich history of student success and achievement. This tradition is upheld with a continued commitment to the achievement of personal and academic excellence.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Experience in providing general office administrative support with ability to organise and prioritise tasks effectively.
- Ability to use computers and a range of application software packages, particularly databases, spreadsheets and word processing.
- Good verbal and written communication skills, including application of customer service principles and practices.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team environment.
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Margaret River Senior High School can be found by visiting www.margaretrivershs.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information
You are encouraged to contact Christine HM Tan for further information about this employment opportunity, including information about living and working in Margaret River, by telephoning (08) 9757 0700 or emailing Christine.Tan@education.wa.edu.au.
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A four (4) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements, in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to four (4) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy;
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
Employees will be required to:
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Wednesday, 26 June 2019
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.