The Public Transport Authority’s (PTA) vision is to be recognised as a leader in providing world-class public transport services and solutions. As a fast growing economy, Western Australia’s public transport system is recognised as the best in Australia and is one of the most efficient, clean and safe networks in the world. Rail transport is vital for our continued success and growth through our many projects including METRONET to meet the public’s needs and expectations. Moving millions of people needs the skill and commitment of a talented workforce.
We are seeking to create a pool of suitably qualified Central Monitoring Room (CMR) Operators. These roles primarily operate CCTV cameras and other CMR equipment to improve safety and security for Transperth services. This includes security and surveillance in relation to railway stations, adjoining car parks and Public Transport Authority (PTA) property. This role also provides information and advice to people calling the CMR and sometimes in emergency situations.
To be successful in this role, it is essential that you;
- Have demonstrated experience in operating modern CCTV camera equipment and other associated technology.
- Well-developed verbal communication and interpersonal skills e.g. experience in public speaking, PA or radio, and negotiation skills.
- Are organised with the ability to prioritise and allocate duties.
- Have the ability to understand and apply written and verbal instructions including documented operating procedures, equipment manuals and the Code of Conduct.
The successful applicant will also be required to work shift work, weekends and unsociable hours.
We currently have two permanent full time positions available. Other suitable applicants will be placed in a pool from which appointments will be made as vacancies arise over the next twelve (12) months.
For further information about this position, please refer to the attached JDF. You can also gain more detailed information on the roles and responsibilities by contacting Mr Peter Armstrong, Coordinator Transit Support on (08) 9326 2914.
Alternatively for more information about the PTA, please visit our website at www.pta.wa.gov.au
How to Apply
Applicants are requested to provide the following:
- A current CV with two work related referees; and
- A written application addressing Selection Criteria 1 & 5 from the JDF, in no more than three (3) pages.
Applicants are requested to apply online using the ‘Apply for Job’ button at the top/bottom of the screen. Please complete the attached consent form as part of your application as all PTA positions are subject to ongoing integrity screening.
Please note the closing date and time, as no emailed, late or pro forma applications will be accepted.