Advertised Vacancy Number: DOE582982
Statewide Services is seeking highly motivated and dedicated Social Workers to join the Alternative Learning Placement Team.
We currently have two (2) permanent, full time positions available, commencing early Term 3, 2019.
The successful applicants would be responsible for undertaking assessment of referred students, prepares plans and undertakes social work intervention with students, families and groups. They would also be required to interview parents and/or guardians as well as obtaining and evaluating case information from all relevant sources, this could include making home visits when necessary.
The Statewide Services Division is responsible for the central portfolios that deliver support services to students and schools across the State to improve educational outcomes for all students. This includes ensuring there is state-wide integration of support to schools and students, providing policy advice, allocating resources, and monitoring programs and services to ensure high standards.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our branch for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Well-developed oral and written communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships, negotiate and resolve conflict.
- Well-developed knowledge of the youth sector, particularly local organisations and services and ability to work with children and families.
- Sound research, conceptual and analytical skills and experience in identifying problems and developing appropriate intervention strategies and support programs.
- Knowledge of school systems and operations and skills in working in a multidisciplinary team setting.
- Effective planning and organisational skills, with the ability to manage competing priorities within timelines.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the branch may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
For further job related information:
Please contact Rick Firns, Principal Advisor, by telephoning (08) 9402 6108 or emailing Rick.Firns@education.wa.edu.au.
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A three (3) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements, in context of the role and business needs of the branch
- A CV of up to four (4) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility & Training Requirements:
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- possess a degree in Social Work and be eligible for full membership of the Australian Association of Social Workers
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Tuesday, 4 June 2019
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED