Applications are invited for the above position at the Parliamentary Electorate Office of the Hon Martin Aldridge MLC, based in Bindoon. The role in conjunction with the Research Officer will support the Member in undertaking his parliamentary responsibilities including administrative, research, policy development, advocacy and communication tasks.
Key duties and skills of the Electorate Officer include, but are not limited to:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Manage and update relevant websites and social media applications
- Prepare media statements and articles for regional and state-wide media
- Prepare correspondence and submissions for the Member’s consideration
- Represent the Member in helping to resolve constituent enquiries/concerns
- Perform an advocacy role on behalf of the Member and liaise with government agencies, Ministerial offices, and other Members
- Complete Executive Assistant duties for the Member
- Perform and assist in a range of administrative functions
The position is offered under the Electorate and Research Employees General Agreement 2017. A probationary period of three months will apply from commencement.
For Further Job Related Information
For further information regarding the position, please contact Michelle Rossouw on (08) 9576 0141 or email@example.com.
How to Apply
Applications should be made in writing by email (preferably) or post including
- A covering letter highlighting your relevant skills and experience in no more than two (2) pages, with reference to the job description above;
- A current detailed résumé showing your duties and achievements from previous and current roles; and
- Name and contact details of two referees.
Applications close on Friday, 7 June 2019 at 5:00pm.