Advertised Vacancy Number IPS/SS577489
Shenton College is seeking to establish a pool of enthusiastic School Officers for appointments to permanent and fixed term, full-time and part-time vacancies which may arise during the 2019 school year and up to the end of Term 3, 2020. Appointments can be made from the pool at any time for commencements within the 2019 school year, up to the end of Term 3, 2020.
School Officers will have the opportunity to work in the different areas of Shenton College delivering outstanding service to our College community. Suitable applicants will ideally be adaptable and able to take on new challenges and learn new skills. You will also ideally have sound organisational skills and the ability to keep to timelines in your day to day working environment. Knowledge of Schools Information Systems (SIS) and other school software systems would be highly desirable.
Shenton College is one of Australia’s leading co-educational schools and consists of a Head of Middle School (Years 7 to 8), Head of Lower Senior School (Years 9 to 10) and Head of Senior School (Years 11 to 12). The College currently has 2100 students and 250 staff. The College’s strength is in its commitment to develop the ‘whole child’ and to empower them to be independent and confident learners so that they can be purposeful contributors to an increasingly interdependent world. Our success is built on solid foundations and on the skills of an outstanding staff.
Shenton College has a proud culture of excellence. The selective gifted and talented program requires staff to appreciate and be responsive to the needs of gifted students. With a ‘can do’ capacity to problem solve, our staff pride themselves in delivering outstanding services to our students, parents and community.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Experience in providing general office administrative support with the ability to organise and prioritise tasks effectively
- Ability in using computers and a range of application software packages, particularly databases, spread sheets and word processing.
- Good verbal and written communication skills including application of customer service principles and practices.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team environment
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
For further information about Shenton College please visit www.shenton.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here
For further job related information
Please contact Susan McIntosh, Business Support Officer, by telephoning (08) 9366 9100 or emailing Susan.Mcintosh@education.wa.edu.au
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A statement addressing the Work Related Requirements, in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy;
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
Employees will be required to:
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Thursday, 30 May 2019
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.