Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/DP582158
This is a permanent full-time position commencing Term 3, 2019
North Balga Primary School (PS) are seeking a hardworking and dedicated Deputy Principal to join their friendly team.
In collaboration with the Principal and members of the administrative team, the successful applicant will provide educational leadership in the school and the community by developing and promoting the school vision, and encouraging school staff, volunteers from the community, and others to share ownership for the school’s vision and goals. Using effective change strategies, they will lead the school community to accept and develop opportunities for improved service in the relevant area of responsibility. Curriculum Leadership across the inclusive school environment and the capacity to deal with management and organisational tasks across the whole school setting is desirable. Experience and knowledge in the leadership of the Early Childhood setting would be an advantage.
North Balga PS is shaping the future of our children. Our vision is 'creating a brighter future for all'. We cater for approximately 225 children from Kindergarten to Year 6. Our diverse population includes 15% Aboriginal background and 52% of students have English as an additional language or dialect and leads to a rich school culture.
Co-located on our school site is the North East Metropolitan Language Development Centre (NEMLDC), the Primary Extension and Academic Challenge Centre (for gifted and talented students) and an out of school and holiday care program managed by Kid's Academy. The relationship with these agencies enhances the education of the students at our school.
We have committed, proactive teachers and dedicated support staff working to help each child to achieve excellence. Our staff have high expectations of themselves and the children they teach.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Capacity to provide effective leadership in a diverse range of educational settings;
- High level of interpersonal and public relations skills that demonstrate the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships to achieve planned outcomes;
- Professional knowledge and the ability to apply this knowledge to ensure a high level of educational outcomes for all students (e.g. Aboriginal students, students from diverse ethnic backgrounds and students with special needs).
- Capacity to manage staff, physical and financial resources.
Applications will be assessed against the work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about North Balga PS can be found by visiting Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information:
Please contact Grant Kennedy, Principal, by telephoning (08) 9247 3599 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A three to five (3-5) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements, in context of the role and business needs of the branch
- A CV of up to three (3) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- hold a recognised qualification in teaching and be currently registered or eligible for registration to teach in Western Australia;
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
Employees will be required to:
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- complete the Department’s training in Accountability and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Monday, 27 May 2019
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.