Advertised Vacancy Number: DOE579069
This is a permanent full-time position commencing ASAP
The School Curriculum and Standards Division provide administrative and secretariat services for, and implements the decisions of the School Curriculum and Standards Authority (the Authority). The Authority provides quality curriculum, assessment and standards to enable all Western Australian students to become confident, creative learners and active, informed citizens who contribute positively to society.
The Digital Strategy and Delivery Consultant plans, designs, develops, implements and coordinates the Authority’s digital presence and works with the Principal Consultant, Digital Strategy and Delivery to identify, develop and plan online activities. The position contributes to the development of digital corporate standards and procedures for the Authority, to facilitate effective digital communication within the education sector.
The Digital Strategy and Delivery Consultant identifies and develops design concepts for website and other Authority digital materials to ensure development of web content and materials are relevant to all stakeholders and are consistent. The position also scopes and manages online projects from concept design through technical development and implementation to delivery. The position coordinates the helpdesk and user support including the development and delivery of in-house training.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our branch for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Considerable knowledge and experience in cross-platform design and development of websites, including responsive design methodologies advanced DOM manipulation (jQuery) and Content Management System integration.
- Experience in implementing procedures for content publication and document management within enterprise level website Content Management Systems.
- Well-developed organisational and project management skills, including the ability to deliver products, services and projects within agreed timeframes.
- Well-developed conceptual, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Well-developed interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills, including the ability to work in a team and liaise effectively with individuals at all levels.
- Considerable experience in providing high quality customer service and technical advice to internal and external stakeholders.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the branch may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
For further job related information:
Please contact Roshan Perera, Manager, Strategic and External Relations, by telephoning (08) 9273 6707 or emailing Roshan.Perera@scsa.wa.edu.au (not to be contacted for job application packages)
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A three (3) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements, in context of the role and business needs of the branch
- A CV of up to four (4) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) recent work related referees
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance before commencing employment
Employees will be required to:
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Department policy; and
- complete the Department’s training in Accountability and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Wednesday, 29 May 2019
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED