Applications are invited from persons suitably skilled and qualified to fill the above vacancy at the Electorate Office of Hon. Adele Farina MLC, Member for South West Region.
The Research Officer responds to constituent enquiries, is the first point of contact on media enquiries and coordinates all media and communications for the Member, including drafting media statements and media monitoring, and produces the Member’s community newsletter, information pamphlets and advertisements.
The Research Officer undertakes research and analysis, drafts speeches, briefing notes and correspondence, organises meetings and functions, assists with establishment and maintenance of office management systems and undertakes administrative duties as directed.
- Highly developed verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Extensive experience writing media statements.
- Advanced desk top publishing skills.
- Highly developed research and analytical skills.
- Ability to work independently, exercise initiative and to work as part of a team.
- Good organisational and office management skills.
- Advanced Microsoft Office, Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign and internet research skills.
- Good understanding of issues in the South West region
- Ability to understand the impact and implications of issues which arise in the constituency or parliamentary process and provide advice on how best to manage the matter.
The position is offered under the Electorate and Research Employees CSA General Agreement 2017. This full-time position is subject to a six (6) month probationary period, with the appointment being for the Term of the Member.
Further Job Related Information:
Please contact Hon Adele Farina MLC or Ms Leith Hansen on (08) 9721 1165 for further information.
Applicants are required to submit:
- A current detailed resume including the names of two work referees; and
- A written application addressing the essential selection criteria outlined above in the advertisement.
Applicants are requested to send their applications clearly marked “Private and Confidential – Advertised Vacancy” quoting "AV2196" to:
Mail: Hon. Adele Farina MLC, PO Box 381, BUNBURY WA 6230
Hand Deliver: Unit 4, 31 Victoria Street, Bunbury WA 6230
Fax: (08) 9721 1167
Applications are to be received no later than 4:00pm, Friday 7 June 2019.
LATE AND PRO-FORMA APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED