Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS576611
This is an five (5) month fixed term, part-time (0.3FTE) position commencing Term 3, 2019
Falcon Primary School (PS) is seeking a dedicated and enthusiastic Library Officer to join their friendly team.
As Library Officer you will provide general clerical and library support, including preparing correspondence and booking equipment and facilities. You will also assist in maintaining the resources and environment of the school library to support the learning outcomes of students; and operate library systems which ensure library records are up-to-date and library resources are maintained and processed so they are accessible and available to students, staff and parents at all times. Applicants will deal with enquiries and guide students and students in locating library resources and information collects and receipts money in accordance with Departmental procedures, as required directs and coordinates the activities of library volunteers.
Falcon PS is located south of Mandurah, 800 metres from Avalon Bay. The school has six teaching blocks, a special services block and an administration block. It also has an enclosed assembly area with stage. Falcon is designated as a local-intake school and students attending the school are primarily drawn from the local growth areas of Falcon, Sunrise Cove, Wannanup, Pleasant Grove and Port Bouvard.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- good verbal and written communication skills, including application of customer service principles and practices.
- good interpersonal skills and ability to work unsupervised and in a team environment.
- ability to use computers and a range of application software packages, particularly databases, spread sheets and word processing.
- ability to provide administrative support with the ability to organise and prioritise tasks effectively.
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Falcon PS can be found by visiting www.falconps.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information:
Please contact Robyn Reynolds, Manager Corporate Services, by telephoning (08) 9534 2411 or emailing Robyn.G.Reynolds@education.wa.edu.au.
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A two (2) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements, in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to one (1) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for three (3) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment;
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check; and
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy.
Employees will be required to:
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountability and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 14 June 2019
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.