Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/DP578558
This is a six (6) month fixed term, full-time position commencing Term 3, 2019 with possible extension (12 months) and/or permanency
Mukinbudin District High School (DHS) is seeking a dedicated and enthusiastic Kindergarten to Year 10 Deputy Principal to join their school leadership team.
The successful applicant will need to demonstrate skills in primary & secondary school operations and management. They will also need to demonstrate the ability to build the capacity of staff and students in curriculum and behavioural understandings. In addition to this you will ideally have experience in building, responding to and restoring relationships between students, staff and community. An understanding and passion for improving Aboriginal education outcomes are a necessity. Highly effective behaviour management skills and strategies are qualities that applicants should have and be confident in using within this dynamic and exciting environment. The ability to work both independently and as a part of a high achieving team to achieve common goals within specific timelines is highly desirable.
It will be beneficial for applicants to have a good understanding of the school Business Plan especially the ‘We Believe” section when writing to the context of the role. Our Annual Report and Business Plan are available on the school's website.
Mukinbudin is situated 300 kilometres east of Perth and boasts many services and great community spirit. We have a very supportive community and staff which contribute significantly to the positive atmosphere at Mukinbudin DHS.
All students create with 1:1 Technology (Macbook or iPad), classes come with interactive boards and there is a comprehensive school WiFi network. Housing is modern and with the benefits of being in the CTP and a Locality Allowance the remuneration is attractive.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Capacity to provide effective leadership in a diverse range of educational settings;
- High level of interpersonal and public relations skills that demonstrate the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships to achieve planned outcomes;
- Professional knowledge and the ability to apply this knowledge to ensure a high level of educational outcomes for all students (e.g. Aboriginal students, students from diverse ethnic backgrounds and students with special needs).
- Capacity to manage staff, physical and financial resources.
Applications will be assessed against the work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Mukinbudin DHS can be found by visiting www.mukinbudindhs.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information:
You are encouraged to contact Gavin Stevens, Principal, for further information about this employment opportunity by telephoning (08) 9047 1053 or emailing Gavin.Stevens@education.wa.edu.au.
Information about living and working in Mukinbudin is available at www.mukinbudin.wa.gov.au or contacting the front office team at Mukinbudin.DHS@education.wa.edu.au.
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A three (3) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements, in context of the role and business needs of the branch (see the We Believe section of the Business Plan).
- A CV of up to four (4) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for three (3) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- hold a recognised qualification in teaching and be currently registered or eligible for registration to teach in Western Australia;
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
Employees will be required to:
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- complete the Department’s training in Accountability and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 31 May 2019
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.