Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/TCH576562
Mundijong Primary School (PS) is seeking to establish a pool of Teachers for appointments to permanent and fixed term, full-time and part-time vacancies which may arise during the 2019 school year and up to the end of Term 1, 2020. Appointments can be made from the pool at any time for commencements within the 2019 school year, up to the end of Term 1, 2020.
Suitable applicants will demonstrate a strong knowledge of all key elements of curriculum and pedagogy as well as an ability to inspire students to develop a passion for learning in vibrant, engaging and supportive classrooms. You will have excellent interpersonal skills and an ability to build effective working relationships with students, staff and the school community. In addition, you will have a sound knowledge of and use of digital technology for a variety of purposes.
Mundijong PS is a place of excellence where students know they are valued. The effectiveness of the school is measured by the achievement, attitude and character of the students and the integral role the school has in the community. Individual differences are identified and catered for; maximising each student's learning. Thorough curriculum planning provides the basis for quality instruction guided by the Western Australian Curriculum. A strong knowledge of best practice ensures an innovative, engaging and dynamic curriculum is taught. There is a clear focus on high standards of student achievement. Evidence based approaches to improvement are used to effectively plan and promote collaborative decision-making.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate your competency against the following domains (that govern the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers):
- Professional knowledge;
- Professional practice; and
- Professional engagement.
Applications will be assessed against these domains. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Mundijong PS can be found by visiting www.mundijongps.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here
Appointed applicants may be eligible for Recognition for Teachers - Prior Service and Qualifications
For further job related information
Please contact Cheryl Wellburn, Principal, by telephoning (08) 9525 5118 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A four (4) page statement addressing the domains that govern the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers, in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to four (4) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
For assistance writing your application click here
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
- be eligible for, or registered with the Teacher Registration Board (TRB). Information regarding eligibility may be obtained by contacting TRB on (08) 9230 0600 or for Country callers 1300 652 911 or trb.wa.gov.au
Employees will be required to:
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement; and
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Tuesday, 26 March 2019
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.