Advertised Vacancy Number: DOE575177
This is a twenty-one (21) month fixed term, full-time position commencing ASAP with possible extension
The Statewide Services Division is seeking to recruit a highly motivated and committed Principal Consultant in the Road Safety and Drug Education branch.
The Principal Consultant – Regional will lead, develop, implement and monitor road safety programs and resources. The Principal Consultant will ensure program objectives, outcomes and outputs support the implementation of whole school approaches and are delivered in line with agreements, programs and services related to specific State and national strategic education programs and best practice.
In this role you will provide support, advice and information to schools, regional consultants and other key stakeholders. In addition, you will provide advice on professional learning and education strategies on a range of road safety programs in partnership with government agencies, non-government agencies and the not-for-profit sector in Western Australia. You will coordinate and monitor projects and contracts for road safety initiatives and related programs. The Principal Consultant will prepare website content, newsletters, reports, briefing papers, responses to correspondence and other documentation for the Executive Director, Director General and the Minister.
The Road Safety and Drug Education Branch is a specialised centre of expertise delivering the School Drug Education and Road Aware (SDERA) Program to public, Catholic and Independent schools. SDERA is the State Government’s primary strategy for road safety and drug education for young people. The program provides prevention education keeping children and young people safer. Program initiatives and resources target early childhood service providers and educators, school administrators, teachers, school support staff, parents/carers and the broader education community throughout Western Australia.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our branch for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- High-level experience in developing, implementing, monitoring and evaluating programs.
- Highly developed conceptual and analytical skills, including the ability to provide innovative solutions and strategies to complex and strategic problems and issues.
- Demonstrated highly developed organisational and people management skills with the ability to plan, coordinate and resource projects in an educational setting.
- Capacity to provide strategic leadership in an organisational setting.
- High-level written, oral and interpersonal communication skills, including the ability to undertake high-level consultation, collaboration and negotiation.
- High-level knowledge and understanding of current policies and issues associated with road safety and drug education at the local, state and national level and ability to apply that knowledge.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the branch may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
For further job related information:
Please contact Kerry O’Hare, Manager, by telephoning (08) 0436 637 555 or emailing Kerry.OHare@education.wa.edu.au.
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A three (3) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements in context of the role and business needs of the branch
- A CV of up to five (5) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- hold a recognised qualification in teaching and be currently registered or eligible for registration to teach in Western Australia;
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
Employees will be required to:
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Department policy; and
- complete the Department’s training in Accountability and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Monday, 1 April 2019
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED