Please note the location has been amended to various as positions are available within two regions
Advertised Vacancy Number: DOE573992
The Statewide Services Division is seeking to recruit a highly motivated and committed Coordinator in the Road Safety and Drug Education branch.
We currently have 2 x twenty-one (21) month fixed term, full time positions. These positions are based in Broome and will deliver program services to the Kimberley region and Kalgoorlie to the Goldfields region.
Coordinators for the Road Safety and Drug Education branch implement monitor and review professional learning and support programs in regional areas. The ability to build productive relationships with relevant stakeholders within and beyond the Department is essential.
Motivated and engaged teachers with a deep understanding of contemporary teaching and learning practices in the drug education and/or road safety education areas are strongly encouraged to apply.
The Road Safety and Drug Education branch is a specialised centre of expertise delivering the School Drug Education and Road Aware (SDERA) program to public, Catholic and Independent schools. SDERA is the State Government’s primary strategy for road safety and drug education for young people. The program provides prevention education keeping children and young people safer. Program initiatives and resources target early childhood service providers and educators, school administrators, teachers, school support staff, parents/carers and the broader education community throughout Western Australia.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancies. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our branch for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicants decline or vacate the advertised positions.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Substantial knowledge and understanding of contemporary teaching and learning practices.
- Experience in implementing, monitoring and reviewing professional learning and support programs in drug education or road safety.
- Highly developed verbal communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to build partnerships and integrate services both within and beyond the Department.
- Ability to deal effectively with change and generate innovative solutions related to teaching and learning issues.
- Highly developed written communication and presentation skills, including experience in the preparation of reports, briefings and other documentation to support and inform senior officers.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the branch may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
For further job related information:
Please contact Kerry O’Hare, Manager, by telephoning (08) 0436 637 555 or emailing Kerry.OHare@education.wa.edu.au.
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A three page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements in context of the role and business needs of the branch
- A CV of up to five pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- Hold a recognised qualification in teaching and be currently registered or eligible for registration to teach in Western Australia;
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment;
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance before commencing employment
Employees will be required to:
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Department policy; and
- complete the Department’s training in Accountability and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Monday, 1 April 2019
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED