Senior Executive Service (SES) - Multiple Positions
Fixed term, full-time appointment for a period of up to five (5) years
An exceptional and challenging opportunity to lead, build and transform the future for the Western Australian community, industry and resources sector.
The Department of Mines, Industry Regulation and Safety (DIMRS) is looking for vibrant and highly motivated, outcome driven senior executives who will play a pivotal role in delivering our strategic priorities and initiatives.
The SES Positions
The Senior Executive Service positions are responsible for leading and directing the operations of the relevant division/directorate. The positions are also responsible for providing professional leadership by actively promoting strategies, policies and systems that provide strategic direction for the Department. For more information, please refer to the attached Department’s Strategic Plan towards 2024 and Job Description Forms for each of the following listed positions.
- Executive Director, Resource and Environment Compliance, Class 1
- Executive Director Public Sector, Class 1
- Director Customer Information, Level 9
- Director Business Innovation, Level 9
- Director Worksafe Service Industries, Level 9
- Director Retail and Services, Level 9
For more information
For a confidential discussion about the above roles, please contact Kristin Berger Deputy Director General on phone 08 6552 9447.
For any process-related queries, please contact Parul Chauhan, Manager Human Resources Services on phone 08 9222 0993 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
What makes DMIRS a great place to work?
DMIRS offers a supportive, diverse and innovative environment, with great benefits, including:
- Great work/life balance through flexible working arrangements and leave options
- Opportunities for professional development
- An award-winning Health and Wellbeing program
- Salary packaging options
DMIRS is committed to building a workplace culture that values diversity and inclusion. We actively promote the employment of Aboriginal Australians, people with disability, youth and other diversity groups. People with disability will be provided with reasonable adjustments in our recruitment processes and in the workplace.
To learn more about the Department and what we have to offer, please visit our website.
How to apply
To apply for any of the above roles, please submit a current resume/CV and covering letter of no more than 1000 words addressing the following two questions:
- What specific opportunities, linked to the DMIRS’ Strategic Plan, do you see for advancing the Government’s reform agenda relating to the role you are interested in – and how would you provide leadership within DMIRS to capitalise on these opportunities?
- What have you delivered before that gives you confidence you could effectively meet the key responsibilities of the role you are interested in? (Note: Please stipulate relevant outcomes delivered, your role in delivering them, and how you measured their success).
Important: In your covering letter, please indicate which role you are applying for. If you are applying for more than one role, please submit a separate, tailored application for each role.
For tips on how to put together your application, or details about the process, you can find Information for Applicants on our website.
Further in the selection process, the panel will assess your suitability for the position against the broader range of job requirements and capabilities. These are listed in the Job Description Form (JDF).
If you are having problems lodging your application online, please contact HR Services (Recruitment Team) on (08) 9222 3698.
Suitable applicants may be considered for other similar vacancies within the next twelve months.
- It is intended to hold interviews during 9-11 April 2019, so applicants are encouraged to make themselves available on these dates.
- A completion of a National Police Clearance and a pre-employment Conflict of Interest declaration will also form part of the selection process. The position Director Worksafe Service Industries will require the additional pre-employment assessments: psychological and medical assessment, and Q fever screening and vaccination.
- These positions are located in various Perth metro offices.
CLOSING DATE: 4.00 pm on Friday 29 March 2019 (WST)
Your application must be complete and submitted by the closing time. Applications that are in progress or submitted after this time will not be accepted. It is your responsibility to ensure your application is submitted on time.
- Class 1 - Executive Director Public Sector Labour Relations MIS17127.pdf
- Class 1 - Executive Director Resource Environmental Compliance MIS17113.pdf
- Level 9 - Director Business Innovation MIS17131.pdf
- Level 9 - Director Customer Information MIS17109.pdf
- Level 9 - Director Retail and Services MIS17121.pdf
- Level 9 - Director Worksafe Service Industries and Specialists MIS17125.pdf
- strategic plan towards 2024.pdf
You can view and print these PDF attachments by downloading Adobe Reader.