The Public Transport Authority’s (PTA) vision is to be recognised as a leader in providing world-class public transport services and solutions. As a fast growing economy, Western Australia’s public transport system is recognised as the best in Australia and is one of the most efficient, clean and safe networks in the world. Rail transport is vital for our continued success and growth through our many projects including METRONET to meet the public’s needs and expectations. Moving millions of people needs the skill and commitment of a talented workforce.
The incumbent of this position will work with key internal and external stakeholders, including the METRONET team, particularly project leads and key consultants, the Transport Portfolio Investment Coordination Branch, the Department of Treasury, and Commonwealth Government departments, to develop robust investment proposals for major public transport initiatives. This role includes undertaking and coordinating complex economic evaluation and review of investment funding options for required business cases relating to the PTA and METRONET projects and makes recommendations in terms of the viability and priority of investment decisions.
To be considered for this role you must have:
- An appropriate Economics, Commerce or Finance degree, or qualifications relevant to the transport industry;
- Demonstrated business knowledge and experience in economic analysis and preparation of fully evaluated and costed proposals to invest in major transport projects;
- Strong leadership and management skills;
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal in the fields of investigation and research, stakeholder consultation and negotiation, facilitation of outcomes and solutions, and presentation of persuasive recommendations.
This is a three year fixed term opportunity with the possibility of extension to a maximum of 30/06/2024 on a full time basis. There is currently one position available for an immediate start.
For further information about this position, please refer to the attached JDF. You can also gain more detailed information on the roles and its responsibilities by contacting Mr Owen Thomas, Executive Director of Infrastructure Planning and Land Services, on (08) 9326 3482.
Alternatively for more information about the PTA, please visit our website at www.pta.wa.gov.au.
How to Apply
Applicants are requested to provide the following:
- A current CV with two work related referees; and
- A written application addressing the following essential work related requirements, as per the JDF in no more than 4 pages:
- Job Specific
- Management and Leadership
- Communication & Interpersonal
As this position requires on-going integrity screening and qualification check, please complete the attached Consent Form as part of your application.
Applicants are requested to apply online using the ‘Apply for Job’ button at the top/bottom of the screen. Where applicable the PTA will undertake qualification and integrity screening checks. Please note the closing date and time, as no emailed, late or pro forma applications will be accepted.