Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS566949
This is a Ten (10) month Fixed term, part-time (0.2FTE) position commencing Term 1, 2019
Kelmscott Senior High (SHS) is seeking an organised and enthusiastic Library Officer to join their school team.
A conscientious Team Member that supervises the day to day The successful applicant will be required to work on Thursdays this day is not negotiable.
Kelmscott SHS is an Independent Public School. The school achieves very good outcomes for students and is the school of choice for parents in the South East Corridor Kelmscott SHS is the provider of DoE endorsed programs in Gifted and Talented Education, Agriculture and Music. The School also offers school based specialist programs in Athletics and Soccer. The School offers a wide range of curriculum offerings including two languages other than English
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Good verbal and written communication skills, including application of customer service principles and practices.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work unsupervised and in a team environment.
- Ability to use computers and a range of application software packages, particularly databases, spread sheets and word processing.
- Experience in providing administrative support with the ability to organise and prioritise tasks effectively.
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Kelmscott Senior High School can be found by visiting Schools Online
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information:
Please contact Lexie Johansen, Manager Corporate Services by telephoning (08) 9495 7405 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
You are required to attach a personal resume and covering letter outlining your skills and experiences in relation to the position. It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment;
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check; and
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
Employees will be required to:
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Wednesday, 20 February 2019
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.