Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS571028
Sevenoaks Senior College (SC) is seeking to establish a pool of Cleaners for appointments to permanent and fixed term, full-time and part-time vacancies which may arise during the 2019 school year. Placements can be made from the pool at any time for commencements within the 2019 school year.
As a cleaner you will carry out internal cleaning duties, including the maintenance of carpets and hard floor surfaces, toilet cleaning, furniture and fittings, window cleaning, dusting, rubbish removal and other items of general cleaning. In addition to the above, you will also carry out external cleaning duties, including the cleaning of verandas and covered areas, rubbish removal, cleaning of drinking troughs, window cleaning, removal of cobwebs, and other general cleaning as required by the Cleaner in Charge.
Sevenoaks Senior College present a fresh new approach to senior schooling in Western Australia. The College caters for up to 500 Year 11 and Year 12 students from across the metropolitan Area. The College is located near the Cannington train station. It is the local school for students from Cannington and Maddington areas. Our vision is to empower our students through their engagement in education and training so that they fulfil their own educational, career and social expectations and participate positively in Australian society. We are a very dynamic and diverse educational community, with students and their teachers, together with their parents, community members and industry partners, all working collaboratively within a team environment.
Sevenoaks SC offers a suite of programs involving a comprehensive range of WACE courses, Industry Access programs in our Trade Training Centre and our International Centre. Sevenoaks also has a comprehensive Follow the Dream program for our Aboriginal students.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Sevenoaks Senior College can be found by visiting www.sevenoaks.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information
Please contact Tona Lewis, Manager Corporate Services, by telephoning (08) 9356 4900 or emailing Tona.Lewis@education.wa.edu.au
Simply select from one of the following options:
- Click on the “Apply for Job” button located at either the top or bottom of this screen. You will be asked to complete a series of questions which will become your online application. It is recommended you allow enough time to complete this process. Further instructions are available on the attached ‘How to Apply’ document.
- Visit the school during office hours (Monday to Friday, between 8.30am and 3pm) to use a school computer, with technical support available from school-based staff.
- Telephone Tona Lewis, Manager Corporate Services, on (08) 9356 4900 during office hours (Monday to Friday, between 8.30am and 3pm) to answer a series of questions over the phone, or request an application form.
- Download the application form below and return it completed to the school reception or by emailing it to email@example.com
Applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
If you are having trouble submitting your online application, please contact the Recruitment System Support team on (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
Employees will be required to:
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a ten (10) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 22 February 2019.
PROFORMA AND LATE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED