Advertised Vacancy Number: SS/SS571600
This is a three (3) month fixed-term, part-time (0.5FTE) position commencing Term 1, 2019 with possible three (3) month extension.
Shark Bay School is seeking a dedicated and enthusiastic Gardener - Handyperson to join our friendly team.
The Gardener - Handyperson will work to provide gardening, grounds and facility management to ensure a safe and clean school environment. They will maintain and present the school grounds and gardens in an attractive, clean and tidy condition, and provide a suitable growing environment for both soft and hard landscaping, including turf management. The successful applicant will perform minor repairs and maintenance as requested, as well as other Gardener - Handyperson duties in accordance with the Department’s policies and guidelines.
Shark Bay School is an integral part of the coastal community of Denham, Situated in the World Heritage area of Shark Bay. Being around 900km from Perth and more than 300km and 400km from the closet region centres of Carnarvon and Geraldton respectively.
At Shark Bay School we value the development of each individual student and have programs implemented to facilitate each students social and emotional and academic growth.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
For further information about Shark Bay School please visit Schools Online.
For further job related information
You are encouraged to contact Rebecca Moroney, Manager Corporate Services, for further information about this employment opportunity, including information about living and working in Denham, by telephoning (08) 9948 0000 or emailing Rebecca.Moroney@education.wa.edu.au
Our aim is to make it easy for you to apply!
- Click on the “Apply for Job” button located at either the top or bottom of this screen. You will be asked to complete a series of questions which will become your online application. It is recommended you allow enough time to complete this process. Further instructions are available on the attached ‘How to Apply’ document.
Applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
If you are having trouble submitting your online application, please contact the Recruitment System Support team on (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy; and
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
Employees will be required to:
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Monday, 18 February 2019
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.