Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SA565693
This is a permanent full-time position commencing Term 2, 2019
Are you an inspirational leader?
Churchlands Senior High School (SHS) is seeking a strategic, forward thinking Program Coordinator – Middle Secondary (Year 9 or Year 10) with exceptional interpersonal and leadership skills.
The successful applicant will be a team player, problem solver, someone who thinks differently and has a passion to learn new skills. Coupled with this is the demonstrated ability to build and maintain excellent rapport and relationships with all students. The Program Coordinator will be responsible for both curriculum and student services leadership and direction for a specific year group, working in collaboration with the Associate Principal – Middle School.
You will join a high performing team of five other Program coordinators, where you will demonstrate your successful collaboration strategies where members can complement and enhance each other through their unique skills brought together collaboratively.
You will have excellent organizational skills, and be able to plan both day to day operations as well as for whole school events. You will be able to manage conflicting deadlines to ensure all outcomes are met.
Curriculum leadership responsibilities include, but are not restricted to -
- Leading a team environment, sharing curriculum expertise and knowledge to inform planning and delivery of teaching and learning programs;
- Providing an active and productive working relationship with all stakeholders to support gifted and talented students and students with special needs;
- Reflecting on data to inform the development of plans to meet academic achievement targets; and
- Promotion and support of STEM initiatives.
Student Services Leadership responsibilities include, but are not restricted to:
- Leading a team of collegiality and collaboration between the House Coordinators and Specialist Student Services staff;
- Maintaining effective case management and attendance systems; and
- Reflect on and revise systems to support the pastoral care, behavior and mental health needs of students as the school population grows.
The successful applicant will provide educational leadership in the school and the community by developing and promoting the school vision, encouraging students, school staff, volunteers from the community and others to share ownership of the school's vision and goals. Using effective change strategies, they will lead the school community to accept and develop opportunities for improved service and student outcomes.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Capacity to provide effective leadership in a diverse range of educational settings;
- High level of interpersonal and public relations skills that demonstrate the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships to achieve planned outcomes;
- Professional knowledge and the ability to apply this knowledge to ensure a high level of educational outcomes for all students (e.g. Aboriginal students, students from diverse ethnic backgrounds and students with special needs).
- Capacity to manage physical and financial resources.
Applications will be assessed against the work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Churchlands Senior High School can be found by visiting www.churchlands.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here
For further job related information:
Please contact Deb Hoy, Deputy Principal, by telephoning (08) 9441 1700 or emailing Deborah.Hoy@education.wa.edu.au
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
You are required to attach a personal resume and covering letter outlining your skills and experiences in relation to the position. It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- hold a recognised qualification in teaching and be currently registered or eligible for registration to teach in Western Australia;
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
Employees will be required to:
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- complete the Department’s training in Accountability and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Tuesday, 5 March 2019
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.