Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS565191
This is a three (3) month, Fixed Term part-time (0.6FTE) position commencing Term 1, 2019
Ballajura Community College (CC) is seeking a reliable and dedicated Gardener/Handyperson to assist in maintaining the school grounds and gardens to a high standard. Along with the Gardener in Charge, the successful applicant will also be required to ensure that formal and informal sports areas are marked appropriately.
To be successful in this role you will be required to carry out minor repairs and maintenance according to the department’s policies and guidelines. A capacity to work independently as well as part of a team under the supervision of the Gardener in Charge will be essential.
Ballajura Community College is a large secondary school consisting of a Middle School and Senior School separated by sporting fields. We take pride in our environment and allocate appropriate resources to ensure that the grounds and facilities are maintained to a high standard.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
For further information about Ballajura Community College please visit http://bcc.wa.edu.au/ or Schools Online
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here
For further job related information:
Please contact Faye Norrish, Manager Corporate Services by telephoning (08) 9262 7777 or emailing Faye.Norrish@education.wa.edu.au
Our aim is to make it easy for you to apply!
Simply select from one of the following options:
- Click on the “Apply for Job” button located at either the top or bottom of this screen. You will be asked to complete a series of questions which will become your online application. It is recommended you allow enough time to complete this process. Further instructions are available on the attached ‘How to Apply’ document.
- Visit the school during office hours (Monday to Friday, between 8.30am and 3pm) to use a school computer, with technical support available from school-based staff.
Applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
If you are having trouble submitting your online application, please contact the Recruitment System Support team on (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment;
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check; and
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy.
Employees will be required to:
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 3.00pm (WST) on Friday 18 January 2019
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.