Vacancy Reference No. 920116
Senior Executive Service (SES) Senior Leadership Role
This is a Fixed Term Full Time appointment for 5 years.
Exciting opportunity to lead, build and shape the future of the Western Australian health system.
The Department of Health, led by the Director General, has been established as the System Manager responsible for the overall strategic direction, management and performance of the Western Australian (WA) public health system to ensure the delivery of high-quality, sustainable, safe and timely health services.
The WA public health system employs approximately 43,000 dedicated staff who ensure the health wellbeing of the State’s population throughout the metropolitan, regional and remote areas of WA. The WA health system as a single health entity covers an area covering approximately 2.5 million square kilometres.
The foundations that underpin essential services to the community include: supporting our workforce; robust standards for the delivery of high-quality and safe care, and optimal patient and community experience; sound financial management and clinical performance; supporting our workforce; infrastructure and information and communications technology (ICT) delivery; and supporting and enhancing research and innovation.
WA Health is committed to growing the Aboriginal workforce as a part of WA Health's Aboriginal Workforce Policy. As a measure to achieve equality, Section 51 of the Equal Opportunity Act 1984 applies to this position. Aboriginal people are encouraged to apply.
Position Profile: To be successful in this position you will be a committed, progressive and experienced leader with a proven ability to lead and inspire a sense of purpose and be able to think, act and focus strategically in order to:
- Support the development and achievement of the WA health system vision, mission and goals aligned to key stakeholder requirements in response to external directions and opportunities.
- Play a lead role in relation to the policy environment in which health services are delivered including the achievement of whole-of-government objectives, contributing to whole-of-government initiatives and leading Commonwealth and State relations.
- Maintain an awareness of current and emerging State and Commonwealth policy issues, processes and proposals, and provide advice, and devise and pursue strategies to advance the State’s and WA health system’s interests.
Employee Benefits: In addition to the great salary our employees enjoy an amazing range of benefits which may include (in line with operational requirements):
- 9.5% employer contributed superannuation into a fund of your choice. For further information go to: http://www.treasury.wa.gov.au/superannuation.aspx
- Professional Development Opportunities and Study Leave/assistance
- Flexible working arrangements
- Flexible leave arrangements
- Other professional and location based allowances
Selection Criteria: Please see the attached Job Description Form (available online at www.jobs.health.wa.gov.au).
For Further Job Related Information: Please contact Mr Leon McIvor, A/Assistant Director General Strategy and Governance on telephone (08) 9222 2456 (not to be contacted for questions about lodging your application).
If you experience difficulties while applying online, please contact Employment Services on 1300 367 894 (and select Option 2) for immediate assistance during business hours.
Application Instructions: Applicants are advised to submit the following documents and information on line (Please note: Applicants must have a current, valid email address in order to apply online. This email address will be used for communication with applicants):
- Written statement demonstrating your knowledge, skills and experience relevant to the primary responsibilities of the position and the work related requirements (selection criteria) as outlined in the JDF
- Current Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- The name and contact details of two professional referees
These documents should be complete and ready to attach prior to applying online. Please ensure you allow sufficient time to complete the online application process as you will be required to answer various questions and attach your documentation.
To apply for this vacancy now, please click here. (or apply online at www.jobs.health.wa.gov.au).
Lodgement is system generated. Any submissions on, or after, 4:00pm will not be accepted.
LATE OR EMAIL APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.