The Director Strategic Business Development contributes to the strategic leadership and management of the division as a member of the Courts Executive Management Team.
The Director Strategic Business Development provides the strategic direction and leadership for, and management of, the Directorate.
Reporting directly to the Executive Director, Court and Tribunal Services, this role is responsible for:
- Leading the development and maintenance of programs and project management such as the eCourts project;
- Developing commercialisation options for the Integrated Courts Management System both nationally and internationally;
- Leading the strategic planning process within the Court and Tribunal Services division;
- Leading the development of processes and systems for business performance including statistical analysis and optimisation of divisional resources;
- Managing significant projects to ensure systems and processes are in place to achieve business improvements across the division;
- Identifying and analysing priorities for the division’s involvement in legislative and policy review in consultation with key stakeholders; and
- Managing the delivery of strategic HR and Finance services across the division.
Tenure/duration of appointment: Fixed term position for a period of up to five years.
We offer a wide variety of personal and professional benefits, information on the benefits of working with us is available from the “What We Offer” section on our website.
Work Related Requirements
Please read the Job Description Form (JDF) for more information about the work related requirements of this position. Appointment to a role with the Department of Justice is conditional upon obtaining an employment screening clearance, which includes a National Criminal History Check and any other relevant checks.
Further Job Related Information
If you are interested in the position and would like further information on the role, contact Joanne Stampalia on (08) 9264 1414 for a confidential discussion. Information about applying and submitting your application is available on our website.
How To Apply
The Department requests applicants to submit an on-line application using the ‘Apply for Job’ button below. As part of your online application you will be prompted to complete relevant personal information and to attach the following information as part of your application:
A current comprehensive Resume including the contact details of two referees and a statement addressing all the essential work-related requirements (selection criteria) contained in the Job Description Form.
Suitable applicants may be considered for similar vacancies during a six month period.
- Applications received after the closing date/time OR applications sent to us by email cannot be accepted.
- As we prefer to contact you by email for any interview or other matter, you are encouraged to apply online and provide a current valid e-mail address.
People from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply. The Department upholds a working environment that is free from discrimination in accordance with Equal Opportunity legislation.