Applications are invited from persons suitably skilled to fill the part-time (three days per week) position of Electorate Officer in Leeming for the Office of Mr Yaz Mubarakai MLA, Member for Jandakot.
This Electorate Officer position undertakes a broad range of duties to support the work of the Member of Parliament. The Electorate Officer is responsible for the collation, research, analysis and provision of information as required by the Member. The role is also an initial point of contact for constituent enquiries and providing sensitive and confidential advocacy and assistance to members of the Jandakot electorate. Duties also include assisting in administrative functions relating to the operations of the Electorate Office as necessary.
Key requirements of the officer are to be able to listen effectively, read and understand a wide range of documents, develop professional relationships with Ministerial offices, Government Departments and community organisations, analyse complex situations, provide advice and draft accurate correspondence and communications materials.
All work is to be carried out on behalf of and for the Member of Parliament and the electorate office in which the officer is engaged.
Experience and/or qualifications in the areas of Communications and/or Public Policy will be highly regarded.
Applicants should possess the following skills and experience:
- Good organisational and planning skills and experience delivering results in a high pressure, multi-tasking, and demanding work environment with multiple stakeholders.
- High level interpersonal skills with the ability to maintain effective working relationships with a wide range of stakeholders.
- Well-developed written communication skills with an ability to draft and review complex documents.
- Competency in Adobe Creative Suite, particularly Adobe InDesign. Photography, graphic design, image and video editing capabilities will be highly regarded.
- Ability to understand the impact and implications of issues and problems which arise in the constituency or parliamentary processes and able to consider the feelings and needs of all parties involved.
- Knowledge of Government and Parliamentary procedures.
- Relevant tertiary qualifications.
The position is part-time (three days a week) for a fixed-term of 9 months with possible extension to 12 months (Maternity Leave Contract) beginning in March 2019. It is subject to a three (3) month probationary period. The position is offered under the Electorate and Research Employees CSA General Agreement 2017.
For further job related information:
Further information regarding this position please contact the Office of Mr Yaz Mubarakai on (08) 9310 8777 or at email@example.com.
Applicants are required to submit:
- A current and detailed resume with at least two references; and
- A cover letter addressing the essential and desirable criteria within two (2) pages.
Applicants are requested to send applications clearly marked "Private and Confidential - Advertised Vacancy" quoting "AV2143" to:
Mail: PO Box 4048, Success WA 6964
Hand Deliver: Suite 11, The Professional Centre, Corner South Street and Calley Drive, Leeming.
Applications close on Friday, 25 January 2019 at 5pm.
LATE AND PRO-FORMA APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.