Join the health team at the Albany Prison Health Centre and make a difference to the lives of patients in custody. Delivering a nurse-led model of primary healthcare and working autonomously as part of a small multidisciplinary team, this is an ideal opportunity for an experienced Mental Health Nurse with AOD skills.
The role focuses on patient-centred care, is varied and challenging, offers excellent development opportunities and job satisfaction.
The role reports to the Clinical Nurse Manager (CNM) and works within a safe and supportive workplace with a multi-disciplinary focus.
Offering an exciting opportunity for a suitably qualified, experienced and enthusiastic Senior Registered Nurse MHAOD to join the team in the primary healthcare centre at Albany Regional Prison located in the south western region of Western Australia. The health centre provides trauma informed, patient- centred care to individuals with mental health and substance use issues. The focus is on rehabilitation and reintegration back to the community.
This role is responsible for assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating the nursing care of those identified as having mental health and/or drug and alcohol related problems. The role will also be responsible for the assessment and management of risk issues together with participating in the development of the MHAOD service.
Experience working with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples would be an advantage.
Job related requirements
Current registration in the category of Registered Nurse with Australian Health Practitioners Registration Authority AHPRA.
Please see the attached JDF for more information about the Role Specific Responsibilities of this position. All Departmental employees are required to undergo a National Criminal History check.
Further job related information
If you are interested in this position and would like further information on the role, contact Bridget Haden on (08) 98424497.
How to apply
The Department preferred method of application is via the Apply Now button below. You will be required to complete relevant personal information and attach documents as requested.
- A current comprehensive Resume including the contact details of two referees and a statement addressing all the essential work-related requirements (selection criteria) contained in the Job Description Form.
Please ensure that at least 1 referee is a current or recent supervisor/line manager.
Forwarding your application
To apply applicants are requested to:
Apply online (Preferred)
- Click on the “Apply for Job” button at the top/bottom of the screen
- Complete all of the online application questions
- Attach all required documentation
* Please note: Form PSD0001 will be required to be printed and completed if you are invited to interview, do not include with your application.
- Complete application for vacancy form which is attached to the advert
- Attach all required documentation and ensure all the above is stapled
- Post your completed application to:
DOJ Recruiting Branch
Department of Justice
GPO Box F317, PERTH WA 6841
- Proforma, faxed, hand delivered, emailed and late applications will not be accepted.
- As we prefer to contact you by email for any interview or other matter, you are encouraged to apply online and provide a current valid e-mail address.
People from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply. The Department upholds a working environment that is free from discrimination in accordance with Equal Opportunity legislation.
Suitable applicants will be placed in a pool from which full-time permanent or fixed term appointments may be made when similar vacancies at level occur. The pool will operate for a 12 month period.