Advertised Vacancy Number: DOE560280
The Capital Works and Maintenance Branch are seeking to establish a pool for appointments to permanent and fixed term, full-time vacancies which may arise during the 2019 school year. Appointments can be made from the pool at any time for commencements within the 2019 school year.
The Senior Project Officer will manage the coordination, planning, design and development of capital works projects within the Department whilst providing advice and support services to schools within a specific geographical region, ensuring building and related needs are identified and assessed in line with Departmental policy, criteria and equity issues. The successful applicant will ensure the outcomes of projects and programs meet contemporary education standards to enable quality educational facilities to be delivered to clients. You will ensure the assessment of facilities related needs is consistent across the Department whilst developing and preparing reports, briefings and ministerial requests relating to capital works.
The suitable applicant will compile equitable programs for provision of capital works and appropriate facilities management whilst providing recommendations through briefing notes to the Director General and Minister and the delivery of client-focussed responses to enquiries from school communities and members of the public.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following:
- Substantial experience in project management, including the ability to deliver agreed outcomes within specified timeframes.
- Highly developed oral and written communication skills, including the ability to prepare quality reports and briefings and to deliver presentations to a variety of stakeholders.
- Highly developed conceptual and analytical skills, including the ability to provide innovative input into strategic planning and the development and implementation of key projects and policies.
- Highly developed research and investigation skills.
- Highly developed ability to be flexible and organised and to provide an effective consultancy service within budget in a customer-focussed manner and to work collaboratively in a team.
- Substantial understanding of schools facilities, particularly in relation to needs assessment.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the branch may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
For further job related information
Please contact Sue Swenson, Principal Project Officer, by telephoning (08) 9264 4431 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Our aim is to make it easy for you to apply!
All applications are submitted online. Simply select “Apply for Job”, located at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A maximum 10 page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements, in context of the role and business needs of the branch
- A maximum four page CV outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- Employees will be required to obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment.
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
Employees will be required to:
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 11 January 2019
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED