Offering a unique opportunity for an experienced and motivated senior registered nurse with proven leadership skills. This role provides clinical leadership to a small team of nursing staff across the two sites of Bandyup Women’s' Prison (BWP) and Boronia Pre-Release Centre.
Working within a multi-disciplinary team in a primary care setting, this role reports to and works closely with the Clinical Nurse Manager. The role supports and guides clinical practice across both sites to ensure delivery of patient- centred, evidence based nursing care.
Based at Boronia Pre Release Centre and working on nominated days at BWP, this role is pivotal in supporting and guiding the nursing practice across the female estate. On offer is a safe and secure working environment where staff can make a significant contribution to improving the health outcomes for patients in custody.
This position is responsible for providing direct clinical care, as well as role modelling best practice and leadership to support delivery of high quality safe nursing care. This role requires effective clinical assessment and decision making skills; effective communication skills; commitment to team building and developing productive working relationships; demonstrated leadership ability, with capability to guide, motivate and support the nursing team in their achieving excellence in care delivery.
Job related requirements
Please see the attached JDF for more information about the Role Specific Responsibilities of this position. All Departmental employees are required to undergo a National Criminal History check.
Further job related information
If you are interested in this position and would like further information on the role, contact Anita Hoy on 08 9374 8793 for a confidential discussion. Information about applying and submitting your application is available on our website.
How to apply
The Department preferred method of application is via the Apply Now button below. You will be required to complete relevant personal information and attach documents as requested.
- Applicants are advised to provide a current comprehensive Resume that highlights your suitability to the role, and write a statement addressing the work-related requirements (selection criteria) contained in the Job Description Form which summarises your experience and ability to meet these. Please include details of two referees.
Please ensure that at least 1 referee is a current or recent supervisor/line manager.
Forwarding your application
To apply applicants are requested to:
Apply online (Preferred)
- Click on the “Apply for Job” button at the top/bottom of the screen
- Complete all of the online application questions
- Attach all required documentation
- Complete application for vacancy form which is attached to the advert
- Attach all required documentation and ensure all the above is stapled
- Post your completed application to:
DOJ Recruiting Branch
Department of Justice
GPO Box F317, PERTH WA 6841
- Applications received after the closing date/time or applications sent to us by email cannot be accepted.
- As we prefer to contact you by email for any interview or other matter, you are encouraged to apply online and provide a current valid e-mail address.
People from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply. The Department upholds a working environment that is free from discrimination in accordance with Equal Opportunity legislation.
Applicants who are found suitable may be considered for similar vacancies at level over a 12 month period.